Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Should I just flip a coin instead?
Chester Taylor at home on short rest 1 25.00%
Willie Parker on the road 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: August. (#12 of 12.)

Fred, my final comment in this thread is this:

Why not make the VIP tourneys more European / non US friendly?

All you gotta do is have them 8 hours apart, last time I checked 3 x 8 = 24

Until you do this I'm not going to play at your poker-room again.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:37 AM

Fred, I am just a fun player trying to learn and when I started playing nickle dime limit 6 months ago I bought PokerTracker to help me with my game. I only play here (and rakeback is GREAT) and would get histories and review my play all the time. It did not matter that players did not have names, I only cared about my stats. Now that you revised the system I can not get hand histories if I play the red table and there are so few games I've almost stopped playing. In most games if the first guys sits at a red table, that's all that's played all day. So for me, so far, the change has had the opposite effect than was desired. On the 31st there were green games and I loved it and got in 90 minutes of play but not since then. Why not let us grab histories with and without names, it can't be a loss on WPEXs part? I am not threatening to change sites or anything else but a part of the game has now disappeared for me.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 PM

Finally, a casual player speaks up for PT. I appreciate your reply Sparky. Not all players that use PT are pros or semipros. When I first got PT it was for the same reason as you and I know there are a lot more people like you out there.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM

I have NEVER had a problem with using PokerTracker to track one's own play.

I don't really have that great a problem with the HUD. If multitabling weren't allowed, I would have zero problems with it. As it stands now, PAHUD is a crutch for the multitablers.

My first wish is for no multitabling. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My second is no tools to help these slow playing grinder nits. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Tuff
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 AM

Wait, your moral problem is not with HUDs per se but with multitabling? Why? I've never heard anyone say they were opposed to multitabling before.

Don't you think that if you are single-tabling you have an inherent advantage over the multitablers who cannot be concentrating on that one table as well as you, HUDs or no HUDs?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Hello

I am the owner and programmer of The LegoPoker Hand History Converter. A popular converter that currently supports WSEX NLHE cash game hand histories.

This week I will be redoing the WSEX hand history converter on my website http://www.legopoker.com/hh and I am expanding the converter to support Limit, PL, and SNG/MTT holdem games.

I do not currently have any money on WSEX. Would WSEX co-operate in helping me with the hand hsitory collection for converting purposes? As you know, people like to convert hands to discuss, and I have yet to see a solid WSEX converter that supports every hand hsitory type.

If you could send me 20 or so hand histories from every game and table type you offer (ie, NL Holdem, I would need a 10-max, 6-max, 2-max cash game, and for SNGs I would need a turbo, a normal speed, a 10 man, a 6man, etc, and different combinations of each).

I dont really play at WSEX so I cant tell you all the HH types I need. You would know that better than I.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tickner
Old 09-05-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, your moral problem is not with HUDs per se but with multitabling? Why? I've never heard anyone say they were opposed to multitabling before.

Don't you think that if you are single-tabling you have an inherent advantage over the multitablers who cannot be concentrating on that one table as well as you, HUDs or no HUDs?

[/ QUOTE ]

He thinks that the multitablers are the ones slowing down the games.

I disagree, I think it's the old-timers who hem and haw over routine decisions. You know, the guys that hollywood the crap out of every hand when they play live.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 PM

If anyone cares, I requested a check via courier on August 22 and it arrived today.

That's 10 business days which I think is pretty solid given the climate.

My only wishlist item for the cashout process (other than a Neteller-like service, obv) would be a confirmation email upon cashing out.

Otherwise, nice job wsex.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dislike multitabling because:

It is not one multitabler I generally have to deal with, but several at each table. Each one thinks it his perfect right to play his tables in turn, taking the max allotted time to get around to looking at his hand, and then generally folding. By the time I get to play, I have grown noticibly older. This goes on every orbit.

Even the turbo tables don't help. They just time out, sit back in and time out again.

Multitablers are the nittiest of the nits. They don't play poker, they card mine, waiting around, slowly folding, until they get a hand on one of their 8 tables. Then everybody else gets to wait while they play out that hand. One multitabler is not hard to beat. But a table full of them is a total pain (Except to other 8 tabling nits. Which is why most players left online fit this profile. And I hear whining as to why the tables are tougher now... astounding)

And the multitablers clean out the fish in record time. Should a rec player wander into an online site... whoosh, and he is gone, NEVER to return. I personally know a lot of folks like this. Online poker being rigged is absolute gospel to these folks.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I personally am trying to lose my piddling stake on PokerStars, then NEVER return.

Mr GM is on the right track. If his poker room is meant to be a loss leader and something for the sports bettors to use, then he should toss out all multitablers.

Tuff
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Tuff - as stated before, you greatly exaggerate the supposed slowness of many multi-tablers and fail to recognize that many multi-tablers are actually the faster than many of the single-tablers.

I don't believe you have ever acknowledged my point in previous rants of yours that in your own videos you were easily the slowest of all the players at both of your tables. Even on simple decisions you would sometimes come darn near timing-out.

So many of us find it bizarrely off that you complain so much about so many other players supposedly taking too long when it very much appears that you are a slower-than-average player.

Also worth noting that I don't think there are many players who are as bothered as you are by the occasional instance in which a player decides he wants to think or re-adjust his bet on the slide-bar or whatever.

Other point:
You say that they don't even play poker but that they somehow clean out the fish the fastest. This seems contradictory. The simply truth is that mny multi-tablers just aren't that good. And by playing as many tables as they do they are usually hurting their own win-rate per table. It happens.
Some are too tight and other are too loose. Of course, almost all THINK they are good.

Anyway, none of this is really THAT specific to WPEX so we should probably get this back on topic.
Hopefully WSEX-GM recognizes that your opinions appear to be very much in the minority. The idea that you would probably come over there if they only allowed everyone to play one table seems strange.
and the idea that there are supposedly others like you is truly laughable imo.

FWIW - I played some on WPEX tonight. Mostly 1 table there but I also did add a tournament in there so was 2-tabling for part of the time.
They only allow 4 tables max and they don't have that many games going anyway.
So if your goal is to find a place where your opponents aren't able to play THAT many tables then WPEX is probably already a place you should be interested in.
Even without officially adopting your policy there just isn't a whole lot of multi-tabling that anyone can do there anyway. Not as much as at some other sites that seem to bother you so much at least.
Closed Thread