Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
Nick, you are clueless if you don't see the difference. One is doing something out in the open, one is trying to do something underground. The latter is a common way fraudsters attempt to get money out of poker rooms. If you don't understand one day you will find your account locked somewhere for doing the same thing endless fraudsters have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are both "out in the open" to the people who run the sites and have access to all transfers, all deposits, all withdrawals, and all hand histories. The transfer is less open to everyone else. Like I said, you can make no rational argument for your case; you can apparently only warn me that my accounts are going to get investigated. I dumped chips at OnGame over two years ago, and nothing ever happened. It was either that, or watch my money simply disappear into the PokesPoker black hole of theft. But, thanks for the warning. It really makes me want to snitch out chip dumpers just because there's a miniscule chance they're doing something fraudulent. I think the money-launderers prefer the vig-free method of player to player transfers at other sites, anyway, but that's officially allowed by the sites and done behind closed doors, so I guess we should just totally ignore that and pretend we're helping the online poker industry by ratting out chip dumpers at OnGame.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:31 PM

I'm done trying to make such an obvious point.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it that those who believe in the "Stop Snitching" credo would have no problem living in a crime ridden neighborhood where many of the residents believe in the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

Every time Nick Rivers talks, a brain cell slits its wrist.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm done trying to make such an obvious point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have stopped about three posts ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

Every time Nick Rivers talks, a brain cell slits its wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sad that such a good screen name and avatar (Nick Rivers) was wasted on such a dolt.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 AM

I see, so people can merely launch ad hominem and can't actually make a logical point via a well-constructed argument. Face it, I'm completely right in my comparison of chip dumping and site-approved transfers. They both have the same vulnerabilities, and if you are in favor of one, it is illogical to be opposed to the other based on the arguments given thus far in this thread for why chip dumpers should be snitched out. People dump chips at OnGame because transfers of large sums of money there are impossible. If these two people could have just transferred the money the way you can do at other sites, I'm sure they would have done that instead of dumping.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 AM

Put it this way N.R -

If I wanted to:

- buy a bomb
- buy a [censored]-load of drugs / guns whatever
- Pay a large bung / bribe

etc etc

What do you think the easiest way for me to do this would be without my bank or the other party's bank getting suspicious?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:16 AM

Nick, I don’t know if you really are as dumb as you are making out or are merely playing devil’s advocate for the sake of it.

99.9% of chip dumping is money laundering. Illegally obtained funds are transferred around from player to player until the dumping is so complex you cannot trace who has legally or illegally ended up with the money. The “dirty” money is laundered until it is “clean”. Hence the term “money laundering”.

Most of money laundering activity involves drugs, prostitution and most dangerously of all terrorism. It is the duty of every law abiding citizen to report suspicious activity so it can be investigated fully.

There will be odd occasions where 2 friends are just trying to find an easy way of transferring money from one to another. It may take a little bit longer to do it through “normal” channels but that is an unfortunate side effect of criminal activity.

Please stop trying to defend the undefendable. You are making yourself look incredibly stupid. All posts are welcome but please engage brain before writing again.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
99.9% of chip dumping is money laundering. Illegally obtained funds are transferred around from player to player until the dumping is so complex you cannot trace who has legally or illegally ended up with the money. The “dirty” money is laundered until it is “clean”. Hence the term “money laundering”.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you please cite a source for where you got your 99.9% figure? 100% of chip dumping I've witnessed has not been money laundering. Furthermore, can you please explain how this argument against chip dumping doesn't also apply to player to player transfers that occur at sites that offer them (not OnGame, where it is not offered). Don't you suppose that there must be a lot of money laundering going on in transfers if money laundering is as omnipresent a problem as you make it out to be? Perhaps even more than is happening through chip dumping?

For the record, I also have no problem with people buying or selling drugs or engaging in prostitution. I also don't fear terrorism the way the US government wants me to. Thus, your reasons for why it is my civic duty to snitch out people for chip dumping (besides how I disagree with your 99.9% figure in the first place) are not compelling to me. I still say you and everyone else in this thread who are so opposed to chip dumping are (a) applying a double standard and (b) grossly overestimating the degree to which chip dumping is really a problem. I think a lot of this "OMG this is so obvious" sentiment in this thread is coming from people who aren't really thinking about the situation critically and are just reacting to the mob mentality that we should give a [censored] about chip dumpers. I don't think we should and I have yet to hear a compelling reason why, and I have yet to hear anyone dispel the double standard I perceive when it comes to chip dumping vs. player to player transfers on poker sites.