21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

Fabian,

I like the idea of just sending back my notes text file as well. I think that would only take me about twice the length of the video instead of 3 times.

I'll see what my test students think of it and I might switch it to that way.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM

you people who responded to a certain person - don't encourage him
Old 11-17-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Metetron said he coaches by having the student record a 1 hour vid and he watches and re-records with his own thoughts input into the vid. Love the concept, was wondering if anyone else did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive thought about doing this for people and i think its a great idea. i dont see why he wouldnt just charge his hourly coaching rate and charge an hour worth for 45 minutes of video or something. esp since you could record your thoughts like if u didnt have internet or somewhere where you didnt even have the opportunity cost of playing

[/ QUOTE ]

What both The_Bryce and I do with it is watch the video, takes notes, compose some topics to talk about, then record the audio. It takes about 3 times the length of the video to do this.

It takes longer but you get a much higher quality product then just me watching the video and giving my comments on the spot. Some might prefer the quick and cheap way, I think my students get a better experience this way, however as it allows me to see their play and take it in as a whole before making comments. I'm not opposed to changing this in the future if the feedback is bad though.

For the guy that said something about results-oriented thinking coming out of this. I pause the video at every decision to write down what I would do in this spot. Only after doing this do I unpause the video. There are times I tell the player to make a fold and they call and snap off a bluff; I don't change my recommendation in the video here even though I was wrong that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually write up my reviews by hand. This is mostly just a matter of preference when it comes to this sort of material (I find I can communicate a bit better on paper) and you could also do a fine job by inserting comments by audio into the student's video so long as you're pausing it when making comments (I've actually done a couple videos like this for stoxpoker using a student's video).

I write my reviews in two parts: part one is a hand review, which is just me watching the video from beginning to end and discussing issues / suggestions as they come up on a per hand basis. Part two covers an analysis of the student's decision making process / tools, suggestions for improvement as well as new tools, and a psychological analysis.

Also, due to increasing demands on my time I am not accepting any new students at the moment (no PMs please).
Old 11-17-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually write up my reviews by hand. This is mostly just a matter of preference when it comes to this sort of material (I find I can communicate a bit better on paper) and you could also do a fine job by inserting comments by audio into the student's video so long as you're pausing it when making comments (I've actually done a couple videos like this for stoxpoker using a student's video).

I write my reviews in two parts: part one is a hand review, which is just me watching the video from beginning to end and discussing issues / suggestions as they come up on a per hand basis. Part two covers an analysis of the student's decision making process / tools, suggestions for improvement as well as new tools, and a psychological analysis.

Also, due to increasing demands on my time I am not accepting any new students at the moment (no PMs please).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I do it as well. I find written communication is clearer, and affords me the time + space to lay out any math necessary and go into as much detail as is necessary.

Also it makes follow-up discussions easier, because a student can address specific points by quoting + replying.

Surf
Old 11-17-2007, 06:24 PM

I started with MDMA half way through this graph.I dont think there could be a better coach tbh.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:04 PM

ughhh thats sick
Old 11-17-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I started with MDMA half way through this graph.I dont think there could be a better coach tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone can make more variance free $ just from coaching than most pro players he has to be sick
Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM

due to my lack of free time i have unfortunately had to increase my coaching fees. I now charge $1200/hr. PMs welcome. ty.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:37 PM

That's funny.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM

joke???