Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-12-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Weightloss Challenge? Any interest?

Just curious if there is any interest in getting one started. I need to drop some weight and haven't been able to make any progress - I'm lacking a firm commitment.

I was thinking if there was interest, that maybe we could weigh-in once a week (like a wednesday) and list a few things like starting weight/ # of weeks/ lbs lost total vs. previous week/ some stats to put it in prospective i.e m or f and heights stats. Just a thought...any ideas or interest?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Weightloss Challenge?

theres kind of one in progress at the moment but I wouldnt mind doing this with someone for a decent sum of money or something. I am afraid this is the motivation I require.

anyone up for it? terms to be negotiated but I was thinking something along the lines of $5,000, 100lbs, 9 months? im flexible on everything.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:00 AM

Yeah, Bisonbison started one in May. I am currently taking part in it. Progress is good so far, and I hope to continue improving. I wouldn't mind talking numbers each week, but 5 grand is a bit pricey for me to put up =D

Best of luck with your goals!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:51 AM

I'd be interested in doing one as well. PM me if this is going to happen. I wouldn't mind it be financial either but I just want to get healthy. I'm up for whatever. Lets get it going soon. The holidays are coming quickly.

Chicago
Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Weightloss Challenge? Any interest?

It all depends on how overweight you are. If you are substantially overweight, just dropping down a few pounds will really energize you, and the weight will come off fast too.

In January I weighed 292 pounds. Over the course of the last 8 months I have dropped down to 250. I am feeling a lot better about myself and as a result I have been slacking off on my diet. I need to get back on the train.

If you are serious about losing weight. I will start posting my weight with you. You name the day that you want to start and the frequency of posts. I'm not going to wager anything, because I am losing weight to keep it off. That means slow and steady weight loss.

My goal is to get less than 240 by the end of 2006. Less than 220 by the middle of 2007. Anything else after that will be bonus.

No matter what ... good luck in your weight loss quest. It is really worth it. Unless you are 150 pounds wanting to get down to 140. Then I just give you the middle finger.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 PM

I'm interested in a beginners weight loss challenge. I only need to lose 15-20 pounds (currently 205 ish)
Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in a beginners weight loss challenge. I only need to lose 30-40 pounds (currently 235 ish)

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is me and I am in.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 PM

Damn Degen I thought you were like a lot taller. I'm down as well for whatever you guys want to agree on. I'm 6 feet 1 and close to 300 pounds. Highest weight I have ever been (ex-college athlete) yikes. I need to work on things. Lets get something going maybe we can get some sponsors or well just do the challenge right here. I've got nothing but time. I'd like to be around 220 by the end of next year or less if possible.

Chicago
Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in a beginners weight loss challenge. I only need to lose 15-20 pounds (currently 205 ish)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see this also, I got a little lazy over summer and put on a little weight but don't have all that much to lose. I'd be game for a friendly wager of some sort but I'm sure as hell not betting 5k.