Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Countdown to CFA Level I

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question about study materials: I have the official CFA study curricula (volumes 1 to 6) that say 2007 on the cover. Will I be able to use these for studying for the June 2008 test? I assume there will be updated 2008 guides but the vast majority of material I've seen in the 2007 books seems 3 to 4 years old.

And given that I have the offical stuff already, does the Schweser stuff add much?

[/ QUOTE ]

if im not mistaken, when you register for the 2008 tests you'll be paying for the 2008 curricula. moneygrubbing pooptards they are
Old 11-30-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick question about study materials: I have the official CFA study curricula (volumes 1 to 6) that say 2007 on the cover. Will I be able to use these for studying for the June 2008 test? I assume there will be updated 2008 guides but the vast majority of material I've seen in the 2007 books seems 3 to 4 years old.

And given that I have the offical stuff already, does the Schweser stuff add much?

[/ QUOTE ]

if im not mistaken, when you register for the 2008 tests you'll be paying for the 2008 curricula. moneygrubbing pooptards they are

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup starting in 2008 you are required to buy the curricula, so you cant try to get some used books or other alternatives.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup starting in 2008 you are required to buy the curricula, so you cant try to get some used books or other alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just registered for June 2008 for $1078. I am of the understanding that they will provide the study materials which are included in this price. Is that correct ??

I am going to spend the month of december trying to get my basics for pre CFA right. My goal is to spend 600 hours studying for the test. They say you need 350 but for a student without finance/accounting background, 600+ hours might get the job done.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am going to spend the month of december trying to get my basics for pre CFA right. My goal is to spend 600 hours studying for the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys is pretty hardcore
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am going to spend the month of december trying to get my basics for pre CFA right. My goal is to spend 600 hours studying for the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys is pretty hardcore

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I would suggest you guys to study ethics last since it is basically memorization and application. You will not remmeber them in June if you study them in Dec.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Son of a ... Ugh, I should have waited until 2008 given that I didn't know if I would really have enough time to study for this one.

Maybe I can get something for the old ones on ebay...