Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM

Default ValueQuestion with A10

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1701861
Should i raise here or only call to hope that
tsoumix1 raises again?! Villain is unkwown...

PS: I want to use ftr.com converter tool, but it's not recognize my hands...so i must post with a link again [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: ValueQuestion with A10

I think nearly anything that is ahead of you on the flop would haver raised preflop so we should cap the flop.

Raise turn. Same reasoning

Yes raise the river. Many will call 2 that won't raise. Raising here is how big pots are made. We like to win big pots. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM

I would raise because the button has KQ here every time and we are beating the range of the HJ.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think nearly anything that is ahead of you on the flop would haver raised preflop so we should cap the flop.

Yes raise the river. Many will call 2 that won't raise. Raising here is how big pots are made. We like to win big pots. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was capped before it got back to him. Also, I wouldn't assume we are ahead of them on the flop. KQ is beating you here and wouldn't raise pre-flop. This is 0.25/0.5 so AA, JJ, TT and AJ are all possibilities and are consistent with the action.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Cap flop. Reads are important here.

Also capping flop gets you some information. When you bet on the turn, you could decide to go into calldown mode if guy-behind-raises.

I don't see a fold anywhere in this hand, i.e. villain1 could have top pair, and villain 2 could have JT.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was capped before it got back to him. Also, I wouldn't assume we are ahead of them on the flop. KQ is beating you here and wouldn't raise pre-flop. This is 0.25/0.5 so AA, JJ, TT and AJ are all possibilities and are consistent with the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

OIC the HH is wrong. It shows EP guy calling 1.50, but I think he does cap it. I think our goose is cooked on the turn, but alas we are trapped.

Buzz
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM

Raise the river. If he'd been raising with a straight or set prior to this, we just got a fantastic river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If he has AJ, oh well.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM

PF, flop, and turn play are OK with me. I think I raise this river as I still expect the button to pay off with KQ. If he has TT or JJ he may 3-bet. There is a chance that the initial river raiser has AJ but he also could AK, AQ, JJ, TT, AT, or KQ.