Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Scotty.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Some players are actually losing a little bit to get there."

Or a lot!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely allot players that actually lose money playing poker to earn a few more fpp's. When they could be playing less making the same or more from actual winnings and have more free time to enjoy themselves. I think for some people earning the rake back from stars is kinda like the people who go a carnival and spend 50$ trying to win a 10$ stuffed bear. It makes some people happier to get a 1500$ bonus or a TV from poker stars than it does it to win 10k a month playing poker.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are definitely allot players that actually lose money playing poker to earn a few more fpp's. When they could be playing less making the same or more from actual winnings and have more free time to enjoy themselves. I think for some people earning the rake back from stars is kinda like the people who go a carnival and spend 50$ trying to win a 10$ stuffed bear. It makes some people happier to get a 1500$ bonus or a TV from poker stars than it does it to win 10k a month playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely a player who sometimes sacrifices being a marginally winning player in order to be a break-even FPP whore, but that's largely because the latter makes me more money. Sadly, achieving a decent win rate playing four tables is worth less than breaking even playing 12-15 tables.

There's also more of a guaranteed profit with the latter option because you can play, for instance, 3000 VPP worth of hands a day and be guaranteed $157.50 or whatever, assuming you're able to break even.

Anyway, I've struggled to beat my online cash games since the legislation, so I need the FPPs to make a living at it and don't mind sacrificing EV to get them. If I ever want to play "real" poker I'll go play live.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely a player who sometimes sacrifices being a marginally winning player in order to be a break-even FPP whore, but that's largely because the latter makes me more money. Sadly, achieving a decent win rate playing four tables is worth less than breaking even playing 12-15 tables.

There's also more of a guaranteed profit with the latter option because you can play, for instance, 3000 VPP worth of hands a day and be guaranteed $157.50 or whatever, assuming you're able to break even.

Anyway, I've struggled to beat my online cash games since the legislation, so I need the FPPs to make a living at it and don't mind sacrificing EV to get them. If I ever want to play "real" poker I'll go play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I wrote the reply, it would look very similar to that!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a sad and flawed way of thinking I promise if you get better as a player you can make way more than you can earning fpp's. An average player can make more ina day playng 50 nl than you do earning fpp's. Also you aren't building a bankroll and obviously not moving up limits and from what it sounds playing pretty low if you really want to really honestly make a living playing poker you need to be thinking about all these things after the legislation passed the games got harder right well what happens in another year or two if they don't legalize it? I can tell you what the games are gonna get harder but you aren't getting any better what happens when the games get hard enough you are actually a losing player or you run bad for a while? Which I can promise can,will and IS going to happen. Also you guys are speding so much time playing that you might as well go get a real job. IfI had to grind 12-15 hours day how is that worth it. I would rtather just go get a real job and work 8 hours a day and have a life. A good poker player can play 4-8 hours a day make bank and still have fun I just don't see whats so fun about playing 24 tables for so many hours day it's kind like your working harder at not getting a real job than if you just go get a real job.Good luck
Old 11-09-2007, 04:03 PM

I'd like to see an option where you can change your screenname for X amount of FPP points.

Limit it to once per year when you hit the X milestone you can change your Stars Screen name
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Changing screen-names would be nice...and I don't think should be THAT big a deal. The high-volume players are going to get noticed again fairly quickly anyway assuming they continue to play.
I just don't think it should be that big a deal to change one's name once a year or something like that.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:12 PM

I'd really like theoption to change my picture and username.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like theoption to change my picture and username.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars will most likely allow you to change your avatar if you send them an e-mail requesting it. They just don't want people abusing it, like constantly requesting changes.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 PM

b/c then it is more work for them to screen all of them!