Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Oden done for year

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Won't this work out beautifully for the Trailblazers when next year they have another top 4 pick and Greg Oden coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

PG Rodriguez
SG Roy
SF Batum or Budinger
PF Aldridge
C Oden
backups: Blake, Frye, Webster

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget Rudy Fernandez ::jizz::
Old 09-13-2007, 10:50 PM

Interesting clip on ESPN from players who had this surgery. Mashburn said before surgery , crossover move and to the rim, after surgery, crossover and pull up jump shot. Big drop off. Too bad - Oden seems all right.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 PM

Is he going to be in NBA2k8?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 PM

I think the worst part about this is that Oden will still be a rookie next year -- he's missing a year of high-caliber play and the commensurate improvement.

The top 5 they get this year will help them immensely, though -- especially with Duncan, Nash, and Nowitzki aging and Kobe stuck on the Lakers by himself.

-d
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
knee problems at this age is a bad sign. The amount of punishment those knees take at that position means a pretty big risk of injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And part of me still believes his parents either forged his birth certificate, gave him GH while he was growing up, or he has some type of metabolic disorder (or a combination of the 3). Something's wrong there, and I would've taken Durant first, no question. Already two major injuries by "20"?? Something's up.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mashburn said before surgery , crossover move and to the rim, after surgery, retirement. Big drop off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 AM

I can't believe DrewDevil hasn't stopped by this thread yet to refer to Oden as "Robert Parish's father".
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
knee problems at this age is a bad sign. The amount of punishment those knees take at that position means a pretty big risk of injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And part of me still believes his parents either forged his birth certificate, gave him GH while he was growing up, or he has some type of metabolic disorder (or a combination of the 3). Something's wrong there, and I would've taken Durant first, no question. Already two major injuries by "20"?? Something's up.

[/ QUOTE ]

leehrat needs a new title. "HGH expert". OMG he looks old something must be wrong. Nevermind all the team doctors, scouts, managers, etc who have spent more time analyzing greg oden than any of us can imagine and still decided to pick the kid. leehrat could have saved them all the time and effort.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he going to be in NBA2k8?

[/ QUOTE ]

QOTC
Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all of us were in hibernation and refused to spend money during the Jailblazer era.

[/ QUOTE ] naw, you guys just didn't watch em cause they weren't good. Admit it. My buddy is as diehard a blazers fan as you will find and he never missed a game during this period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to chime in on this point. I grew up in Eugene watching the Blazers play every night as a kid (Porter, Drexler, Kersey, Buck, Duckworth, Uncle Cliffy, etc). Remember, the Blazers are the only major professional team in the state of Oregon. I went off to college around the time Whitsit took over and I religiously followed the team (every game either on tv or gamecast) during the ill fated 2000 season.

Then things just blew up in our face and the team became a disgrace. I still loved the Blazer franchise, but it became impossible to support some of the players. Our once pround tradition had become an embarassment. So while I still followed the progress, I stopped caring about the results as much. Instead, I just started hoping that some day we could have a team I could cheer for again.

Now we do have that team and I couldn't be happier. I can laugh when I see the word Jailblazers, and smile when I watch guys like Roy and LMA. Oden was a blessing above all that, a guy anyone can root for. Even now, I'm still glad we drafted him over Durant. Win or lose, Oden will represent Portland throughout his career with class.

With Oden out, we still have a bright future as a franchise. And honestly, I could care less whether we win or lose right now, I'm just happy I have a team again. You can be damn sure I'll be watching every game for the next years to come. It has nothing to do with wins and losses.