Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Atlanta: Your favorite things to do or places to go

Wife and I went to Bacchanalia last night at 8:30 and it definitely did not dissapoing. At the front of the building star Provisions has a store where they sell tons of stuff, including all of the wine they serve in the restaurant and a lot of the meats as well. The decor inside the restaurant was great, and the service was absolutely amazing.

We both did the Prixe Fix, which consists of choosing one appetizer, one main course, one cheese dish, and one desert. It was $72/person and with the wine pairing (which i got but she didnt) it was $115. My appetizer was a shrimp and rice pilau which was fantastic, as was the Italian white it was paired with. Main course was a wood-grilled prime tenderloin, which was probably the 2nd best steak ive had in recent memory (best was kobe taster's menu at Craftsteak in the MGM), and a shiraz. I had pecorino romano cheese w/ baby arugala for the cheese dish, which was paired with a riesling. Dessert was a chipotle pumpkin flan, pumpkin pie, and maple pumpkin ice cream, all of which was great. The dessert wine was one of my favorite parts of the meal. It was a french fortified wine similar to Port but was much much stronger. It was amazing and im going to find the name of it since i cant remember it at the moment.

All in all i definitely consider it one of the best places ive ever eaten, and I will definitely be eating there again.