Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Ron Paul Donation Day

This may sound like a dumb idea, but I've been watching the RP facebook groups for several weeks now and I was wondering if any 2+2ers would be interested in doing a Ron Paul donation of some sorts?

My thinking was: pick a specific day to devote to this campaign and we, as poker players, could pledge a specific amount of our winnings to the Ron Paul campaign on that day.

I play 25NL currently and if just 10 people pledged to donate a buyin from their winnings for that day we could raise $250 with relative ease!

Sorry if this crossed the line for posting here, but I just was curious if anyone would be interested in such a thing.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Donation Day

Hell of an idea. I'm down, but it might be hard to convince people to donate to what, at least in the short term, is a losing fight.

Cody
Old 05-24-2007, 11:54 PM

I already donate some money. Ron Paul is off the hook.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:06 AM

I love the idea. Tell me what and where and when and how and I will be there. The man needs money. We need the man. I will be lucky enough to be seeing him in a week at a seminar. I will be handing him a check then. I will probably give him $500. But I will be happy to contribute more. Any idea how we do this?

Is it against the rules for a donation to come from the site itself? Does the site have a way to accept donations? Or is it better just to come from a few of us?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:12 AM

Yes, it is against both the law and 2+2 rules for you to give Paul money on behalf of the 2+2. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you can just hand him a check, there's paperwork to do. The best way to give to a candidate is through their website.

Also, solicitations to send money to yourself on behalf of the Paul campaign are considered spam. You guys can raise money for him, but you have to send it directly to the campaign.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:19 PM

I've decided to donate 100% of my winnings since November to Ron Paul's campaign. As of today, Dr. Paul owes me $480.00
Old 05-26-2007, 12:37 PM

I'm glad to see some support for this.

I was thinking one day in early June, probably right after the debate, everyone could agree on a date, play their limits and pledge to donate X # of buyins to Dr. Paul via his website.

I wasn't trying to suggest that 2+2 sponsor this, I was just using this forum to gage everyone's interest in an idea like this.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Does anyone remember the site they were talking about in Legislation where you would send them money and the website would pass that on to the candidate with a message letting the candidate know that the money came from people supporting online poker? They bundled the money to persuade the candidate to support poker.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've decided to donate 100% of my winnings since November to Ron Paul's campaign. As of today, Dr. Paul owes me $480.00

[/ QUOTE ]
lol