Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Frills\' 6/21 Futbol picks

Angola +150 and Angola/Iran o2.5 +134

Since Angola's not mathmatically out, they are going to press hard on the offense. They are going to a 4-4-2. They know if its a tie, it goes to goal differential, so Angola lets it all hang out.

Mexico +295 and o2.5 +171

Simple Mexico will close the group with a win, no tiebreaker necessary. "Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is already planning for the World Cup knockout stages - but claims the reserves he will use in the last Group D fixture with Mexico could play their way into his first-choice line-up for the last 16 match with Argentina or Holland." Playin reserves especially after seeing England lose a player for the tourney.
``The only changes will be the five players who are on a yellow card,'' said Scolari.

``They won't play one minute of the match even if Mexico are winning 30-0.''

More to come.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Frills\' 6/21 Futbol picks

Don't you think Mexico/Portugal has 0-0 written all over it? Neither side wants to risk injury or a booking. Mexico will be less afraid of Argentina than Portugal, therefore more willing to settle for 2nd in group (assuming Argentina winds up winning theirs which is likely). If this game is still scoreless at half the 0-0 final is a near certainty. You will see a lot of conservative pass the ball around and very little attacking or risk taking of any kind. Bottom line fact that draw suits both sides will dictate the result, IMO.

Angola throwing caution to the wind and attacking is the same logic I used to tip the over in T&T/Paraguay... I think the logic was sound as T&T DID attack a lot more than they had, but the result didn't work out... But I do like the bet. Hopefully Angola has better quality finishing than T&T had. Iran prolly gets 1 or 2 on the counter.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:04 AM

Wanted to get those posted before the kickoffs

Late Games

Ivory Coast +106, o2 o2.5 -110
Ivory Coast is a proud team, and Serbia is a fractured team. Gotta respect a timeout during a civil war so everyone can support the team.

Netherlands +340, o2.5 +126
No real reason other than its +340 in a game that has little meaning. Pure Gambol, nothing more.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM

Portugal taking the game lightly combined with the chance Angola pressing, I think Mexico slams the door.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 AM

Portugal scores in the 6th min...looks good on the over lol
Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Portugal scores in the 6th min...looks good on the over lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Over has already cashed in 31st minute. lol. So much for 0-0... My tipping has been atrocious... Although this match may well still be a draw. I sure hope so... WTF on that absurd handball?? WTF was he thinking??!!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM

Dang. First Bravo misses a penalty in 57th minute. Then Perez gets sent off for diving (VERY harsh decision there). Then Bravo misses a sitter. Then ref doesn't award obvious penalty to Mexico in 72nd minute. All this in the space of about 15 minutes, when any Mexico goal would have surely sealed the result of Draw. Then, just to top it off, Iran equalizes against Angola to take all the urgency out of Mexico's play. It's a grave miscarriage of justice that Mexico didn't equalize. I'm bitter.