View Poll Results: 17. 6m SB w/ KQs
Raise 3 8.11%
Call 10 27.03%
Fold 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: *** Official WPT Final @ Foxwoods ***

[ QUOTE ]
Only 480 players total between the 2 days as of 2 hours ago, hopefully a lot reg tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm figuring 550. 600 at the very most, and I'm wondering why the attendance for this event has dropped so precipitously from 783 in 2005 to 609 in 2006 and (probably) less this year.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 AM

Not really sure Shane since they never really had satellites to it online last year or the year before I don't believe. Perhaps the FPC (Foxwoods Poker Classic) being another 10k here during the year has some effect and some people just play that instead of this one.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

i think the "mega stack challenge" has taken some of the satelite action and overall there are just more 10k events more

oh and i'm at table 30 tommorow
Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 AM

super urgent! need 10K CASH for online money on stars/ftp!!!!!!!!!! If you can help me out plz pm, i'll be eternally grateful.

edit - if you can find someone reputable for me to trade with, i'll toss you a $200 finders fee. I really wanna play.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really sure Shane since they never really had satellites to it online last year or the year before I don't believe. Perhaps the FPC (Foxwoods Poker Classic) being another 10k here during the year has some effect and some people just play that instead of this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

My starting table in 2005 had 3 online qualifiers out of 10 seats. I do not know if that was an above average or not. But I would suspect that some of the drop in numbers have to do with less online satellites.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only 480 players total between the 2 days as of 2 hours ago, hopefully a lot reg tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm figuring 550. 600 at the very most, and I'm wondering why the attendance for this event has dropped so precipitously from 783 in 2005 to 609 in 2006 and (probably) less this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone I've spoken to hates everything about this place. It's hard to get to, in the middle of nowhere, the tournaments are poorly run, the floor people are always wrong, the locals collude like crazy especially in the satellites, the discounted rooms sell out in 2 minutes, I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I come because I can drive here, if I had to fly I wouldn't.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Tom "durrr" Dwan Takes The Early Chip Lead

After hitting a straight flush, Tom "durrr" Dwan has practically doubled up and is sitting with 57,000.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone I've spoken to hates everything about this place. It's hard to get to, in the middle of nowhere, the tournaments are poorly run, the floor people are always wrong, the locals collude like crazy especially in the satellites, the discounted rooms sell out in 2 minutes, I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I come because I can drive here, if I had to fly I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxwoods is the poker equivalent of that skuzzy roadside carnival with the just-released-from-prison-after-serving-time-for-molesting-their-cousin’s-goat guy operating the rides. If you are just now discovering this fact, then you haven’t been paying attention to our story so far. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You got a couple of things wrong though. Foxwoods is not hard to get to if you live in Norwich. Although, if you live in Norwich, it may be due to the fact that you were just released from prison after serving time for molesting a goat.

The floor people are not always wrong. I recall an occasion two or three years ago when a new floor person actually made an exceptional decision that properly resolved a very tense situation.

Unfortunately, I heard that the next day he ran over a goat on the way to work and was beaten to death by a distraught man from Norwich.

Foxwoods also seems to have de-emphasized the marketing of the satellites. That, combined with a general reduction in traffic through the poker room over time could've reduced the number of players being fed into the ACT III's. (?) I could be full of it though since I don’t really pay much attention to the things.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM

Were they running Act 1s and 2s for longer the last few years? I think the Mega Stack Challenges may have shortened the amount of time that they ran satellites for.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Mohegan needs poker ASAP