Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: foxwoods new cell phone policy

[ QUOTE ]
Here’s hoping the “cell ban” picks up steam in more areas than the poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. It's a shame that businesses have to regulate something that common courtesy should dictate, but oh well. I think the general public has been more than patient with obnoxious cell phone users. There are still people in restaurants and movie theaters with them that have to be asked to STFU.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 AM

I get the feeling this will be enforced more towards the lower stakes side of the house then the higher.
I was there all weekend and wasn't even bothered when Iw as txting and picked up a call.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 AM

I was at The 'Woods on Monday and they will not let you put an i-Pod in the cup holder either. One player did this and was asked by the floor to put it in his pocket. There was not any penalty.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:24 AM

If I remember correctly there was one time that a dealer dealt out a player who was talking on a phone last Fri & Sat. I think it is a good rule as long as it is enforced consistently.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM

I believe it is touch your phone and your hand is dead. Repeat offenders get the one round penalty.

Paulie
Old 10-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Ok I'll bite. I'm assuming this is tourney only??
A new rule for the big upcoming tourney
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'll bite. I'm assuming this is tourney only??

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how it was explained to me. Also, the penalty was explained as "your hand is immediately killed with no exceptions if you so much as touch your cell phone." They said this is a change for tournaments only and that there were a few other tournament rule changes they'd made. (The one other I recall mentioned was that only dealers, not players, can call string bets.)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 PM

The tourney rules were revised Oct. 7 2007.

Dealers are responsible for calling string bets, but a player may also call one, according to the rules in front of me that I picked up today in the poker room.

Personal music devices are allowed, but can not be put on the table or rail. Also they can not be a communication device of any kind.

Cell phones must be used away from the table, not just sliding your chair back.

#3 under Cell Phones.
Once the first card is dealt a player's hand will be declared dead ( whether seated or not ) if he/she: answers or makes a call, sends or receives a text message, uses, touches, or looks at a cell phone, or any other type of communication device. Repeat offenders will also receive a missed hand penalty. ( which actually means missing a round )

#4 If a player is out of the hand but seated at the table that player will receive a verbal warning first and then a missed hand penalty if he/she: answers or makes a call, sends or receives a text message, uses, touches, or looks at a cell phone, or any other type of communication device.

I am not sure if these are the same for live games or not.

Paulie
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 AM

I don't remember when the Borgata started doing the dead hand thing, but every tournament starts with a PA announcement similar to the above. Along with any "chips become property of the pot." Also, no MP3 music from cell phones (e.g. iPhone)

Live games, not effected.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cell phones must be used away from the table, not just sliding your chair back.

#3 under Cell Phones.
Once the first card is dealt a player's hand will be declared dead ( whether seated or not ) if he/she: answers or makes a call, sends or receives a text message, uses, touches, or looks at a cell phone, or any other type of communication device. Repeat offenders will also receive a missed hand penalty. ( which actually means missing a round )

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright so if I launch a big bluff, I close my eyes and a cell phone mysteriously drops on the table. Opponent looks at it and his head is dead.

I dub this the See-Medusa bluff.

Thanks Foxwoods.