Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys

I will watch this.. IMO more people need to post vidoes here so I can watch them since firewall of death at work keeps me from cardrunners
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Goofy,

I believe you had made other videos in the past but all the links @ megaupload have expired. Do you still have those somewhere on your hard drive? I just finished watching this video and it was very solid.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 PM

nice one, downloading
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At 13:14 you had QK ip on a AK6 board. I'm just curious to know why you did not c-bet that when it was checked to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the few spots where I'll check behind on the flop a good % of the time - also, I assume villain was prob a little tight for me to do this (at work now so don't have the vid in front of me). I'm never folding out an ace by betting and the texture of the board makes it fairly unlikely that I'll get a lot of value from worse hands (assuming tight villain - cause against a donk they'll still call with all kinds of worse K's, PPs, bottom pair, gutters, whatever), so checking behind here underrepresents my hand a little bit and may allow me to get more value on future streets in spots where villain would have just folded to a cbet.

Checking behind flops is something I only really do frequently in two spots, though:
- Against bad donks that refuse to fold to me, like, ever
- Against regulars with marginal-ish hands in spots where I a.) don't want to get check-raised, b.) want to play pot-control and bluff-catch with something weird like ace high, or c.) want them to bluff into my stronger hand (or just confuse them) when for some reason I feel like cbetting the flop won't net the most value.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you had made other videos in the past but all the links @ megaupload have expired. Do you still have those somewhere on your hard drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do, but tbh I'm not sure how much you guys would get out of watching them. I made all those vids like a year ago, usually while frustrated because of a bad run, and I absolutely had a decent amount of leaks at that point. I'm like 200% better at poker right now than I was a year ago. I appreciate all the good comments you guys have given and I'll prob do this again the next time I get sick of grinding 400nl for a day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't really know what to do for the people still having issues after downloading the codec, but I'll second the suggestion to download VLC player, as it's probably the most reliable media player you can get.

EDIT: If you really want to mess around you can maybe try ffdshow (first try stable version, then most recent version) as I think it's supposed to decode TSCC files, but if you aren't comfortable with computer stuff in general then I'd only mess around w/ this as a last resort.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM

good good
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Thanks goofy for clearing that up.

I take that if the board had 2 suits of the same kind (instead of rainbow, forgot to mention that earlier sorry) you would ofc cbet it.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM

Nice vid, good commentary. It's interesting seeing my play from someone else's point of view. I was snafu2 on table Ontario. I'm curious what you think my range was on the first hand where you squeezed A3s and I 4-bet preflop, and then the second hand where you 3-bet ATo, I called otb and then raised your flop c-bet.

Edit: Also, I just hit pot on the preflop 4-bet but I noticed on another table you decided to 4-bet a lot smaller. In general, what do you think is best? Looking back on my hand, I think potting was way too much.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 AM

I know your not malumprohitum.... Are you?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM

He said in the beginning that he was playing on a friend's account.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM

The first time someone 4bets me I'm not gonna go nuts; and against an unknown it's obviously pretty tough to just put you on a range. I'm not gonna assume that you're 4betting me that light given that I'm an unknown to you as well, and I was playing pretty tight on that table iirc also. Once I get a better feel for someone's play I'll adjust ranges accordingly.

I don't remember the board in the ATo hand but I assume I had air and was bluffing, so once I get raised putting you on a range doesn't really matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Kinda sucks that I didn't get any of the good cards required to balance my range in that spot, cause without demonstrating that you get more action on good hands in that spot as well it just made me look like an overagro fish. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think 4betting pot is a fairly big mistake; there's simply no reason to do it with 100bb stacks. One reason bluffing works is that generally, you're forcing your opponent to commit their stack if they continue because of reverse implied odds, while only committing a small portion of your stack if you have air and are just gonna fold to further action. When 4betting light to a pot-sized RR, that isn't the case; you really are committing your whole stack (and even if you're barely -EV to call a shove and can fold to a shove with some crap like 74s, it's still so close to being neutral EV whether you call or fold that it barely saves you any money to fold vs call off your stack). 4-betting to a size that doesn't commit you to call a shove when you're bluffing brings back that advantage.