Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: traz made a video!

hmm I'm not entirely convinced. I definitely think 3betting the button >>> 3 betting the sb.

I agree that 3betting kind of negates alot of the positional advantage we have. We miss alot of opportunities to scoop up blank cbets from the sb. This is the biggest problem I see with it. (this is slightly overcome if villain starts calling your 3bet lightly and then folding the flop. You'd be surprised how much this actually happens in bvb situations)

But that said, villain's range is so wide in a bvb scenario that any flop for me looks bad (obviously unless I flop a set). In this regard it's different from a typical set-calling situation, because in those instances villain's raising range isn't quite so wide.

What happens then is that I need to float alot, but his range is so wide that it becomes difficult to distinguish what a good floating board is.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with calling, but I just play alot better in hands when I have the initiative. Add to that all the other reasons that have been listed to 3bet with a low pp, and I guess it just works for me. Maybe it's not ideal though...perhaps I'll go a few thousand hands with calling and see how it goes.

That said, if you had QJ or KJ in the bb, and it's folded to the sb who raises...I'm curious, how do you play it?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM

I would do both with QJ and KJ, depending on metagame that leads up to the hand. My comment was based upon your statement in the video that it seemed like it was your default to 3b those hands. Whereas my default is to call with most of the hands you describe, especially sc's and small pp's.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:21 PM

I liked the 3bet. I would do it myself.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 PM

this is [censored] i started downloading then my computer just shut off randomly. when i turned it back on the video is nowhere obviously and it won't let me download it for another 8 hours.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Just watched your video.

I have just switched to 6max and i have been struggling. The video seems to have shown some light as some things i should be doing.

Thanks a lot.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 PM

3betting small pp against >50bb full stacks is gold. All the reasons given above are true, but my favorite is that is keeps your 3b% up high and makes it more likely you'll get action on your premium hands.

if they fold 3/4 of the time (which seems close to what happens) you make a profit, if they call you have huge FE on any flop with <2 broadway cards, and you are getting almost as good implied odds as normal set mining.

I have trouble with 3betting SCs, and I'm interested in other LAG c-bettors' opinions on them. my problem is when you flop a draw and pretty close pot odds, and you wind up in a thin + or -EV situation for your whole stack. This is big +VAR, exposes you as a light 3bettor, etc.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 AM

Nice vid, I like, thanks! You are a bit nitty [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Here's some comments I hope will help.

I think the 3betting with small pp's is a waste of value. I much rather play them for set value and prefer to 3bet sc's if I'm 3betting wide.
PP's might have good showdown value against overcards, but you are a huge dog against any overpair which make up the largest part of his calling range. Even if he has overcards, you don't know which ones, so it's going to cost you more to find out if you're still good. Of course you could just go for set value after your 3bet, but I think you don't often have the implied odds and would need a lot of FE preflop just to make up for this, let alone make a profit.

I think you are letting yourself being pushed around at the top right table, preflop and on the flop. I haven't made notes, but I can look up a few specific moments if you like...

In the first few minutes you pay the small valuebets at the top left table. After the first time I would make a note and adjust by playing more drawing hands against this specific player, but not pay off to easilly with marginal hands.

Hope this helps, thanks a lot.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:08 AM

IM MUCH BETTERER THAN TRAZ AND MY VIDEO DIDNT GET 7 PAGES!!!!

Hehe <3 Is this the video ive seen right? Like part of because im lazy
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

why are you folding qk suited 3 handed to a button raise from a aggro raiser?
good video
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

Nice video.
But folding AJ on a 5handed table UTG thats like ?!?!?? to me.
I even raise KQ utg 6handed (as my minimum requirement)