Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If your standard raise is 2BB its correct to stel ...than in limit
more 5 25.00%
less 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: fans of The Wire: which character is your favorite?

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly consider '24' to be the worst show ever on tv...artistically and morally bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

That you can say things like this in a world that includes Veronica's Closet, Men Behaving Badly, and Full House is funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It ain't great teevee, but it's far from the worst, though it seems to get worse by the season...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 PM

Anyone that comes in here with a 24>The Wire attitude should be shot on sight.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that comes in here with a 24>The Wire attitude should be shot on sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFT
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly consider '24' to be the worst show ever on tv...artistically and morally bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

That you can say things like this in a world that includes Veronica's Closet, Men Behaving Badly, and Full House is funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike those other shows you mentioned, which no one would ever take seriously, '24' masquerades as quality, but since it is pure poop, it winds up making people dumber and less connected to the issues it pretends to represent.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM

I watched the first 2 seasons on demand.

I have to say re-watching season 2 it is 10 times better the second (or maybe the 3rd or 4th...lol I forget which) go around.

Anyone else have problems with this on demand bull-[censored]. Those SOB's skipped episode 23 (where ziggy goes nuts, Brother Muzzones intro to Cheese etc.)so I have to watch the season with skipped episodes, which is quite [censored] annoying. Now they say they are going to air season 3 in November and here it is November 6th and not one [censored] episode of season 3 is on.......... I hate on demand sometimes.

I to question why shows like The Wire and Deadwood continually get the shank during the Emmy's. There are more great characters, acting performances and writing in those two shows than in all the other network shows combined. Omar and Swearengen alone should have controlled the Emmy's for the last 5 years. Oh well if the awards shows do not have good taste f-them.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:32 AM

i made this thread a few monthes ago in the lounge, i am a huge wire dork as well i watch it all the time

MY FAVORITE EPISODES OF THE WIRE (SPOILERS)
Old 11-08-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This show is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing good about it, stuff happens really slowly, nothing ever actually happens, season ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. please give your eyes to a blind man so he can use them properly.

one of the top 3 shows of the last 25 years.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 AM

fly,
i think a decent amount of people that don't *like* the wire have a tough time dealing with how downright depressing and fatalistic it can be. it is not the easiest show to watch after a hard day of work. a lot of americans just want to relax and the wire is not the tv show to let them. all the problems of *real* life, the problems right down the street, scare the crap out of people.

that being said, if i meet someone who actually thinks the wire is bad, i immediately know to completely ignore their taste and opinion on anything. i figure i probably wont like them either.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that being said, if i meet someone who actually thinks the wire is bad, i immediately know to completely ignore their taste and opinion on anything. i figure i probably wont like them either.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT..........lol I think the same thing, then again horrible taste is their problem.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 AM

That is a good analysis thatpfunk. The Wire can be very depressing. You can't stop watching it, but afterwards it makes you feel nauseous. It is a work of art, imho. I'm taking a break now and waiting for Season 4 to come out on DVD. I'm curious to find out what happens to Brodie. In Season 1, they played him ice cold and I expected him to eventually move up and fill a more powerful and ruthless role in the Barksdale organization, which definitely seemed the case after he killed Wallace, but then in Seasons 2 and 3 the writers decided to tone down his character and showed how these guys can have a relationship with the police. Don't spoil it for me, but since he killed Wallace I am going 3:1 that things end badly for him.

So what other series do you guys like? I have only seen bits and pieces of The Sopranos, which seemed uninspiring/cheesy and trying to parody Good Fellas? I guess I need to give it another try since everyone loves it.

I watched most the first season of Big Love. The premise of the show was interesting but the writers really couldn't keep it even mildly entertaining. I guess they wanted to keep it realistic, because it felt like I was watching a bunch of Mormons.

Entourage is great mindless fun. Eagerly awaiting the next season.

Six Feet Under, I see is directed by Alan Ball. I will go and check that out. Nip Tuck, how is that? OZ? How often are guys getting raped? That seems like another potentially depressing series.