Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Motor City new room opens 6-6

at noon. I peeked in today and got a good glimpse until the security guard asked me to leave. The room really looks pretty nice.

I don't see any space for e-tables and they are gone from the poker room right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone for good.

The problem with the poker room is that it is located on a smoking floor (the lowest floor) and while there is no smoking allowed in the room, people will smoke outside the room. The ceilings seem to be low so that's a problem too. Outside of it all the floor is filled with slots. As of today there were no doors to separate the room from the smoke filled, noisy slots and I doubt there will be. I predict the room will be filled with smoke and louder than the current room. I hope I'm wrong because it would really be a shame. Hopefully they'll close the room off. Does anyone know if they will? Originally I heard it was going to be an enclosed room w/ a separate entrance and since they aren't opening for a few more days I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

I did see a soda machine in there as well as a small fridge.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Motor City new room opens 6-6

Now all they need is lower rake and i might actually show up to it!!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Default $2-5 game

The $2-$5 ($200 min, $500 max) will be raked instead of having a time charge of $14/hour.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: $2-5 game

i heard they are/were in a limbo with a close to $30,000 bad beat jackpot on the e-tables.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i heard they are/were in a limbo with a close to $30,000 bad beat jackpot on the e-tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbo? The room is still open and they can spread 3/6 on the live tables. That's the same pool of e-table players.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbo? The room is still open and they can spread 3/6 on the live tables. That's the same pool of e-table players.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was just what i heard since it was strictly the e-table jackpot. i would guess you aren't entirely accurate with your statement. lots of anti-etable folks out there.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see any space for e-tables and they are gone from the poker room right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on the E tables but one of the dealers I was talking to a few weeks ago said they were going outside the room as there was no room inside for them.

Mike
Old 06-06-2007, 03:19 AM

A dealer today told me that they plan to have 2 e-tables outside the room. That was originally the plan, however if that's the case I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. She also said that they'll be turning down the volume on the slot machines and not allowing smoking for about 20 feet after you exit the room. This was Vickie who said this, so take that for what it's worth. I'm not sure I believe it but hell it will be open in 9 hours so we'll know more for sure soon!!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM

So how is it? I'll probably go tomorrow. Was there yesterday playing 10/20 limit from 6-12. The game was only fair compared to what I've experienced there before. I think there may have been one or two 2+2ers there for a bit. I was the brown kid in jeans and a red long sleeve shirt in the ten seat.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 AM

The room is really nice. I was impressed. It's a bit loud up towards the front, but in the back it's quiet. They may add a clear glass and a glass door to enclose the place, but who knows if/when that will happen. The lighting is a bit weird, but I got used to it. They have classical type music playing in the background, so it almost feels like a romantic dinner I guess. It also kind of feels like playing in a home game too. The TV's might be hard to see, but all in all they did a really nice job. It's not like any other poker room I've played in and it was a big step up from the other room and probably 100x better than Greektown. It seems well ventilated and I never had a problem w/ smelling smoke in the room. I think you'll like it. Now I look forward to playing there. The only problem is that the $5-10nl game has been pretty bad the last couple days and they've had a must move going all week....actually it's been a tight game most of the week.