Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Party + Pacific do not play nice together...

Anyone else noticed the following? When I have both Party and Pacific open at the same time, everything works alright SOMEtimes for a few minutes (and other times I get this error right away), but then out of the blue, I'll get an error box on the Party table that says:

"The Party Poker application has encountered an error and needs to close"

Now, that in itself isn't a problem because even though the error box says that Party needs to close, I can just click "OK", and the client remains open seemingly without any problems.

What happens next, though, IS the problem. Immediately after that error box pops up on the Party tables, the graphics on all of the Pacific tables that I have open go haywire -- All of the nameplates get this black border around them, as do all of the cards dealt (both my cards, and the cards on the board) so that they're impossible to read -- they're just a mix of black patches, which obscure most of them, and make them illegible (I've had to play more than one hand only being able to make out one of my cards, which adds a new kinda dangerous dimension to the game.)

Anyone else have this? Sorry I'm not able to describe it better than this, or take a screenshot b/c the screenshot that i attempt to take when this happens just comes up all black. It might be related to PAHUD (which i always have running), but all i've noticed is that it's when Party + Pacific are open together that this happens.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Party + Pacific do not play nice together...

I get a similar problem (black boxes, sometimes yellow) on Ultimate Bet if I have too many tables open, where "too many" can be anything from 2 to 6. The best fix I've found is to reboot immediately prior to playing a session. I think most sites have very memory-leaky software that causes these problems. UB also does worse when I have another site open.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the graphics on all of the Pacific tables that I have open go haywire -- All of the nameplates get this black border around them, as do all of the cards dealt (both my cards, and the cards on the board) so that they're impossible to read -- they're just a mix of black patches, which obscure most of them, and make them illegible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried minimizing the offending table(s) and then bringing them back up when this happens? Sometimes this solves graphics problems like the one you describe.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 AM

i think you'll find that an all-black screenshot is a function of limited memory available to take the shot - especially given you may have massive resolution.

try selecting an active pacific table and using alt+prt scrn just to take a shot of that window, rather than the whole desktop.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you'll find that an all-black screenshot is a function of limited memory available to take the shot - especially given you may have massive resolution.

try selecting an active pacific table and using alt+prt scrn just to take a shot of that window, rather than the whole desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That gives me other ideas:

Make sure you have enough physical RAM (almost everybody could use some more).

Make sure your Windows swap file is set up properly and that the drive it's on isn't short on space.

Update video card drivers.

Try Memtest to check your RAM.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else noticed the following? When I have both Party and Pacific open at the same time, everything works alright SOMEtimes for a few minutes (and other times I get this error right away), but then out of the blue, I'll get an error box on the Party table that says:

"The Party Poker application has encountered an error and needs to close"

Now, that in itself isn't a problem because even though the error box says that Party needs to close, I can just click "OK", and the client remains open seemingly without any problems.

What happens next, though, IS the problem. Immediately after that error box pops up on the Party tables, the graphics on all of the Pacific tables that I have open go haywire -- All of the nameplates get this black border around them, as do all of the cards dealt (both my cards, and the cards on the board) so that they're impossible to read -- they're just a mix of black patches, which obscure most of them, and make them illegible <...>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's the same for me on absolute, but there are some differences, e.g. when all of the nameplates get black border then for me the opposite happens - I actually start to see some of my opponents hole cards.