Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

Dudes! Guy is a circus performer from Montreal. He used to work on St. Catherine street doing weird things to his body, wearing crotch-hugging spandex and face paint. He's just a happy go-lucky poutine eater! He's not a poker pro. He's a billionaire having fun. Basically, he is the perfect poker player to have at your table. Why would anyone bash him? God bless Guy Laluckbox!

Also, he may or may not encourage shroom-eating at his Vegas shows.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

i guess there is no explanation why farha checked on the river is therE?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Re: Farha. I can't buy the he was "being nice." Does anyone here really think he cares about Jamie Gold? He knows that WSOP money is going to be redistributed back to the poker community at some point soon, so why not take his piece? If it was to close friends playing, then maybe they check it down. Laak and Esfandiari probably do this. I think Farha just lost his nerve at the end.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the standard in this game is dreadful, maybe now people will understand how jman wasn't being arrogant when he said it was such a soft game

[/ QUOTE ]

its a different game genius

and it doesnt take a phil to tell that the play during day two of the filming was pretty wild and crazy
Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the biggest moron in that AA KK hand was Farha. I mean seriously if you don't know Gold has KK or QQ you should quit poker. And i'm sick of the excuse "ill check because i like you".

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jesus Sammy, did you really think Gold rivered trips?!

What a [censored] pussbag. After Gold turns into a whiney little bitch at the end of the hand, I was shocked Farha couldn't find a way to just push the last 185 in.

I mean Jesus, think of the beauty:

"OK Jamie, I'm going all in"

"Oh Sammy, I know you have aces, but I can't lay this hand down. I call."

"I have aces Jamie."

"I knew it. Bye guys."

Sammy becomes 'The Guy That Finally Served Up Jamie Gold'

instead...

"I CALL,I CALL,I CALL,I CALL. SAMMY, WHATEVER YOU BET I CALL."

"Er um uhh...er um uhhh..."

"Just check Sammy. I really suck and I need you to check here because I can't lay down kings. Please check."

"Er um uhh.......OK I check, but only because I like you."

What a maroon. I hope The Big Game never let's Sammy forget, but I'm pretty sure they won't.

What a joke.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:32 PM

does patrick have a wardrobe change every episode?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Why is everyone hating Guy`s c/r (JJ-hand) so badly. Especially against Gold I quite came to like it after thinkin about it a bit (dont know if Guy`s thoughts were the same though,lol).

Assumptions:

1. I hope we all agree that he should at least call Gold`s bet on the turn.
Let`s say he calls the 25k --> pot is 91,000
2. Since Gold always talks about running big bluffs and crap like that, we are in a vulnerable position against him after just having called his turn raise cause he might think he can get away with a big river bet.
3. Gold will DEFINATELY bet big on the river after just being called on the turn with this board and alomst any card could be SCARY: ANY CLUB, ANY CARD THAT PAIRS THE BOARD SINCE HE COULD HAVE TWO PAIR AS WELL ALREADY AND WE`RE ALREADY BEHIND ON THE TURN, A TEN, ANY OVERCARD,Q,K,A COULD BEAT US!
4. I assume that most of the people here would call a decent sized river bet against the candidate for "best bluffer in the world", and decent would be about half the pot --->around 50k
5. Even Gold is not retarded enough to bluff-raise the river after being checkraised on the turn (he always gets really defensive when that happens and starts his speeches), which is actually a fact, cause he didnt bet after Guy checked to him on the river.

So the possible outcomes are:

1. We call his turnbet and call the riverbet of about 50k, and have no clue if the jacks are good.
2. We put in the 50k on the turn, which we would call off on the river ANYWAYS and have a better feeling when Gold gives away his hand after our checkraise by saying: "you ever bluff or no, is it possible?". If he has us beat he rereraises the turn and we lose the extra 50k from the reraise, but we would have lost them anyways if we just call the turn and he bets the river and has us beat.
Upside: we might win an extra 50k because the donk might actually call our c.r with a worse hand and check the river cause he gets scared if he doesnt make the nuts...

Comments appreciated...
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Comments appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

you wasted a lot of brain cells thinking about this hand. guy played the hand like crap. he's just lucky jamie played it worse.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 PM

The Gold/Farha hand was excruciating to watch. I think Farha knew exactly what Jamie had before the flop was seen... I was certain Farha was about to set the hook after Jamie's re-raise with his "I sense weakness Jamie" comments... knowing Jamie had exactly KK.

It's possible that Jamie's antics started to make Farha feel a little guilty about felting an idiot on TV... but you know that's Jamie's schtick... act like an ass because no one really wants to be felted by an ass so if there's any chance the ass might have you beat, it might be better to save face and check it down... rather than have to endure the barrage of idiotic "I told you so's, why wouldn't you listen to me's" afterwards... imo... Jamie is the best at putting people on tilt DURING a hand

You could tell Sammie was pissed later (during the 10-7 vs QQ hand)... I'm not a great lipreader, but I'm pretty sure there were some F-Bombs muttered when the Jack hit.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:48 PM

some arguments wouldnt hurt, cuase I think IN THIS SITUATION VS GOLD it was a great play (regardless of the fact that he might not have been aware of it, but everyone who argues that way without ever having even met this guy is clearly too full of himself)

and btw. another advantage that Guy has is that he`s prolly the only one at the table who doesnt care losing a big hand vs GOLD. Like others have pointed out already, many of the players would be extra-pissed if they lose a big pot to Gold, Guy might be the only one who would able to ignore all his crap-talk and fully trust his instincts, cause 1 Million more or less is not gonna hurt him at all. So why not follow it, he doesnt seem like a guy who would commit suicide if his poker-ego gets hurt after being wrong in a poker-hand vs an idiot who is hated by almost everyone (as opposed by Farha, who couldnt pull the trigger in the AA hand). There`s no downside to the reraise imo, and if you think there is, let me know why! Of course if you would lay Jacks down to Golds raise on the river, it`s a valid argument, but as we know it wouldve been the wrong play then in almost any case, cause he`s got only 5 outs and even if he hits one of them he wouldnt put in another bet after our reraise on the turn.