Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Default 100nl - Bottom 2, multiway linecheck

First hand at the table no reads on anyone, i hate the way i played this, what do you reckon...

Pacific Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.5/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $5</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($20.5, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $12</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $38</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($96.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $48.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.45 returned to Hero.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($196.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $196.5)

Results:
Final pot: $196.5
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 100nl - Bottom 2, multiway linecheck

Stack sizes

Pre-flop I hate calling with hands like that in the BB OOP is -EV. Your really need to tighten up in the blinds for sure.

On the flop, It all depends on your stack sizes but on this board I like a raise.

Since he just limp called PF 76s is in his range for sure.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Yeah, firtly i dont like the call pre flop. I like the hand but OOP it just sucks.

Dont mind the check raise on flop if the board was less drawy, im worried that some bad players will push with Axh here (especially on pacific), which would be a tough call.

Turn bet is fine, jack has most probably done nothing for him unless he had AJh.

All in all its a risky hand. Im hoping you won it though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, firtly i dont like the call pre flop. I like the hand but OOP it just sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i like these hands, i guess i learnt my lesson not to play them oop as villain had 55 &amp; ended up with a bigger boat.

i was thinking i might be able to fold flop (notice his bet is a donkbet) but [censored] it, its pacific and im usually winning enough here to make it +ev (apart from preflop)
Old 07-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Preflop isn't good at all so short, especially with extra low cards.

Postflop your position is a huge minus. I'd lead out fairly large without any reads. You don't mind shoving to a CO flop raise and there's no reason to fear anyone else right now. Going for a c/r looks pretty dangerous against a field of unknowns.

This hand for me is just one big preflop mistake. I'd be even tighter than normal OOP on a table I just joined. You were begging for this sort of spot.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 PM

To reiterate..preflop is atrocious. Postflop you played it perfect. Remember to post stack sizes in the future.