Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Did I play this okay? 15/30

Three betting preflop is often correct, but it's player specific. I'd say I three bet this hand 80% of the time in a spot like this.

I like your flop bet, and I like your flop three bet, but that kind of action gives you a lot of information. If I were you, I would have extrapolated that I didn't have the only nut low draw, and that I would likely need to improve in order to win with a high hand.

The turn bet is fine, you've improved your equity in the pot and therefore should bet.

Betting the river is bad. You don't have a strong enough hand to win for high hardly ever in a four way pot, and you're often times going to be chopping the low. If you check, you usually win the maximum. If you bet, you risk losing the maximum.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:42 PM

This happens everyday in Omaha... What's the point of this thread?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 PM

HowMany -You're destined to get sixthed for low when your ace-deuce is the nuts for low roughly one time out of every 19 in a ten handed game.

That's just the way it is.

And you'll get eighthed for low with ace-deuce (which is even worse) in the neighborhood of one time in a thousand.

You'll get quartered more often than that.

Roughly, you'll get fractionated roughly slightly more often than two hands out of five when you make the nut low with ace-deuce in a ten handed game.

(That becomes roughly slightly less often than two hands out of five in a nine handed game. For you six max people, that becomes roughly one time out of four in a full six max game).

Live with it.

Buzz
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a pretty starting hand, but the turn and river bets are not wise, IMO. You only have a one-way hand, and one that is very prone to getting quartered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for providing the worst advice I have ever read on this board. You should bet the turn every time, if you had just said river it would be different. As others have pointed out, your logic is flawed, look more carefully at hero's hand b4 providing advice.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 AM

Yeah I agree with what TxRedMan said. With the action on the flop it seems likely your not the only one drawing at the nut low. I think checking and calling the river is the most valuable play for all reasons already stated. Seems if you want to win your money back you should just play a lot more shorthanded with MP2. Do people really chase that much in that game with next to nothing?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM

3 bet preflop, check/call river.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 PM

3-bet preflop. Don't bet the river.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This happens everyday in Omaha... What's the point of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a suggestion for you....

Everything happens everyday in this game. We choose to discuss it because we want to further our personal games and often times new points and subjects are discussed in a thread, and knowledge is shared, thus we become more educated and aware of even the slightest nuances.

Discussing hands here and offering advice on hands here cements and solidifies proper strategy.

I dont see you posting here very often, so I doubt you will read this, but if you do, try and contribute to the thread and the discussion instead of offering some cheap one liner that detracts from the thread.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 PM

it's fine, just one of those hands. you never have a chance to narrow the field, or really a need to. you should check/call the river in tougher games, but it won't kill you to bet.

a preflop 3-ball makes sense more often than not too. the equity is there; only time to hold back is when check-raising postflop seems like a legitimate 3/4 weapon against the pfr. doesn't really apply here.