Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
On to a poker site? Are you sure?? That would pretty much kill this option. I was fairly sure this was just for depositing on to the EPP account from a CC, NOT for transferring from EPP to a poker site. If this is definitely true, please let us know.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/payEpassporte.php

i am wrong. at a quick glance it seems like what i originally thought is the case. but after reading it a lot more carefully (scroll to middle of the link), they talk about depositing into your epassporte and then into your FT account. i assumed that it'd be obvious you would need pre-existing money in your epassporte.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a few of us, including myself, emailed Moneybookers a few days back....has anyone heard anything from them. I'm a bit leery as they don't have a toll free number, and only have email for merchants or webmasters - also they are only open 8 hours a day during normal German business hours. A lot of us are moving a lot of money around and if we have a pressing question it does not appear as though they will respond in a timely manner at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same worry. I used their messaging centre a couple of days ago and have heard nada back.

No way do I call them. It's way too damn expensive per minute to Europe.

Has anyone heard back from them using the messaging centre and not the e-mail address for merchants? How long did it take for them to respond?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 PM

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this thread.
I am finding it very informative.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 AM

When making a deposit at moneybookers with a credit card it asks;

"Please declare the purpose of this deposit:

I will use the money deposited with this credit/debit card for NON-GAMING purposes
I will use the money deposited with this credit/debit card for GAMING purposes."

Does anyone know if it makes any difference which option I select. If I say I'm not using my deposit for gambling purposes, will moneybookers prevent me from making deposits at poker sites? If I say I'm using my deposit for gambling purposes, will my credit card decline the charnge?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When making a deposit at moneybookers with a credit card it asks;

"Please declare the purpose of this deposit:

I will use the money deposited with this credit/debit card for NON-GAMING purposes
I will use the money deposited with this credit/debit card for GAMING purposes."

Does anyone know if it makes any difference which option I select. If I say I'm not using my deposit for gambling purposes, will moneybookers prevent me from making deposits at poker sites? If I say I'm using my deposit for gambling purposes, will my credit card decline the charnge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely it is supposed to matter. I'm pretty sure it says on that same screen, or on another page, that if you say it will be used for NON-gaming, they will NOT allow you to use it for gaming. I chose gaming. As to whether or not your CC will deny it, that is a possibility...but we don't have much choice.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know a few of us, including myself, emailed Moneybookers a few days back....has anyone heard anything from them. I'm a bit leery as they don't have a toll free number, and only have email for merchants or webmasters - also they are only open 8 hours a day during normal German business hours. A lot of us are moving a lot of money around and if we have a pressing question it does not appear as though they will respond in a timely manner at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same worry. I used their messaging centre a couple of days ago and have heard nada back.

No way do I call them. It's way too damn expensive per minute to Europe.

Has anyone heard back from them using the messaging centre and not the e-mail address for merchants? How long did it take for them to respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reply I posted earlier was in response to a messaging center questions, AFAIK. I asked the same question via the email address AND the messaging center, but the email I received had the following subject:

[Ticket ##39051000##] - DP-GENERAL- Deposit General Enquiry

This appears to be from the messaging center. I got the reply in about 3-4 hours...maybe I was lucky.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:05 AM

Slightly off topic but does anyone know what the best interest rate I can get out there for an U.S dollar netbank? The best I have found so far is HSBC & ING at 3.5%. I am thinking about setting up a moneybookers account and withdrawing to either of these accounts. Might as well make something positive out of this whole neteller fiasco.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic but does anyone know what the best interest rate I can get out there for an U.S dollar netbank? The best I have found so far is HSBC & ING at 3.5%. I am thinking about setting up a moneybookers account and withdrawing to either of these accounts. Might as well make something positive out of this whole neteller fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't know about the HSBC one, but the ING account a savings account, not checkings. pretty sure you won't be able to hook it up with any ewallet.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:25 PM

FWIW here is my latest update

- set up MB account in US$
- verified credit card
- verified address
- deposited $100 to MB account
- deposited $25 to party - worked instantly
- deposited $25 to ipoker - worked instantly
- did some cover play on ipoker
- emailed ipoker that I will be withdrawing to MB instead of neteller from now on
- requested a $400 with from ipoker to MB
- Waiting for money to hit MB account

Will let you guys know once that works and we should be in business!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try ICICI Bank. It's a savings account with about 4.25% so I'm not sure about hooking it up with an ewallet. There service is pretty horrible, but once you get it set up you're good to go.
Closed Thread