BB: $10.70
UTG: $1.60
UTG+1: $12.26
UTG+2: $10.27
MP1: $10.53
MP2: $2.14
Hero (CO): $9.72

Pre-Flop: A K dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.40</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1</font>

Villain is 41/12/4.5
Old 10-20-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: NL10 AKs in CO, 3b called villain bets half pot

He's pretty aggro, so he could be betting the flop with a pretty wide range.

I probably float here or raise to $3.50 most of the time. If he 3bets AI, I probably fold considering you just have overcards and a BDFD.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Yes, if 4.5 is his overall postflop aggression, doesn´t that mean he is betting close to every flop?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Personally my 3bet to a 4xbb raise is 1.50 at 10nl and the flop I would def raise him and sadly shut down to any more aggression
Old 10-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Well if you have PT, you can check his Flop Aggression and betting tendancies.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:19 PM

1 into 2.55 seems like a question donk bet, just raise to 3.5$ and check/fold turn river if blanks
Old 10-20-2007, 06:29 PM

My 2c, could be wrong... FWIW I don't really agree with the lines sugested above.

I think your preflop raise is spot on. I think raising 3betting 3x the original raise is fine, I think it gets a good balance between getting called by hands you're ahead of and still getting money in the pot. I suppose 4x the bet is okay too here, but that's because you've got position. My personal prefernce is usually to see a flop before I throw lots of chips in the middle, but of course that depends on the circumstances.

I dont think his having an agression factor of 4.5 means he's donking into lots of flops, it really just means he's raising and betting much more than he's flat calling, that's all. Bet flop % would be a better indication of his donk-betting tendancies I think.

He's got a wide VPIP so he could have lots of things here and could well have connected with the flop in some way, be it a pair, a draw ow whatever. You've missed and you're left with 6 outs to a pair and a nebulous runner runner FD. Also I think 2 of your outs (the two hearts) would either kill the action or make him a flush so I'd discount them somewhat.

Floating I think would be no good. Firstly it's going to get expensive and you're drawing very slim, also he could already have you dominated. Secondly his stats are fishy, so he's not going to fold nearly enough to make floating a good play.

So yeah, basically I fold here.

He looks like an aggro muppet. I don't see any reason to make difficult or marginal decisions, just wait untill you get a decent made hand and valuebet. He'll spew his chips away with stats like that so just hang on and hope some come in your direction.

Bluff raising (which is what a raise would be) I think is best saved for the weak/tight players who fold too much, not the loose aggro fish who will call you down with a draw or second pair.

Edit: I'd just like to point out i'm a n00b, so all of that might be rubbish! So make of it what you will!