Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Nut flush, went for overcalls on paired board, action explodes behind

Pacific Poker 25/50c

UTG +3 is new to the table no real reads, MP2 has bet and raised marginal hands before.

Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2 folds,UTG3 calls,MP folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop. K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked through.

Turn. 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked through.

River.7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls, UTG3 <font color="red"> </font> raises,1 fold, MP2 <font color="red"> </font> raises,SB folds, Hero??

Good spot to try to go for overcalls? Now when its two back to me call? Cap maybe? Was more worried about UTG3 than MP2.

Also does anyone semi-bluff the turn with nut flush draw plus gutshot? Thanks for replies.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Nut flush, went for overcalls on paired board, action explodes behind

I don't think anyone with a 4 is going to check the flop and the turn. I think KK raises preflop. I think 55 gets bet on the turn. So I'm worried about 77 beating me. I think it's more likely they have straights and/or smaller flushes. I cap it. I would have bet the turn too. But, I'm a fish.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Nut flush, went for overcalls on paired board, action explodes behind

I would cap this river. Both of them will call your cap and you cant really fear the full house. While it is possible, I would imagine that you will at least see one if not both players having a 1 card flush, possibly one of the other players having a 4. With two people likely calling your cap, I think that you are getting enough overlay the times that your hand is good to make up for the times that someone hit a full house.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Nut flush, went for overcalls on paired board, action explodes beh

I say cap that shirt. I think you'll see tons of other [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s rather than a slowplayed set.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Nut flush, went for overcalls on paired board, action explodes beh

its getting capped and you arent folding, so cap it.

Next time lead the turn and take the pot there.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Reraise here. If he's checked 54 or 74 here on any street he's an idiot.

I don't mind the call at all on the river, the pot is small and you have the best hand. Go for overcalls.