Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Completely hypothetical girl situation that is not happening to me

[ QUOTE ]
So do guys who listen to Brand New listen to it because they suck with chicks or do they suck with chicks because they listen to Brand New?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Completely hypothetical girl situation that is not happening to me atm

[ QUOTE ]
So, a friend of mine, let's call him Bob, is totally digging this girl he met. She's kinda a nerdy chick and does nerdy stuff like work at a software company, but she's really cool and Bob gets along with her great and he digs nerdy chicks so it's perfect. They've hung out like 5-6 times, both athletic and do sporty-type stuff together, had dinner a couple times, and she just left his place where they watched Knocked Up together zomg (nothing romantic occurred though)! But here's the problem: they know each other through a mutual friend and according to the mutual friend, she has some kind of boyfriend across the country so making a move is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why could that possibly be a bad idea? Seems like a perfect time to move on this girl.

[ QUOTE ]
She hasn't said anything about having a boyfriend while dealing with Bob, so he's really confused about whether she digs him or not and how to respond to the situation. She's definitely had the chance to bring it up, since she's fielded calls from him and talked about him to other people in Bob's presence, but never called him "her boyfriend" or even really acknowledged his existence directly to Bob. He's currently waiting for the mutual friend to give him the cue when she breaks up with him, but Bob can only speculate on how likely he thinks that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell "bob" that it must suck going through life worrying about this kind of thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think Bob is a pretty awesome dude and shouldn't be sitting around on the sidelines when clearly he and this chick were meant for each other. Help him out!

So, Bob has a few choices:
- Ask her what the deal with her dude is
- Keep pimpin on as if she doesn't have one and force her to make a bold aggressive raise to slow him down
- Hang back and chill until she breaks up with other dude (hint: if this were a pole it would be the wrong answer)

Naturally, I figured that BBV4L would have some good ideas on what Bob should do about this situation. Let's get some suggestions!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like a girl, you should do what you want. Make a move on her, and then all the garbage that he is trying to run through some mutual friend will work it self out. Actually now that I think of it, it seems like this mutual friend is cockblocking the [censored] out of "bob", and "bob" should not give a flying [censored] about what they say, and do what he wants. Oh, and he should stop being a pussy as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Completely hypothetical girl situation that is not happening to me atm

GB,

Has Bob put his arm around this chick yet (for instance, when watching Knocked Up on Bob's couch under a blanket), tried to hold her hand, or any of the other 5th grade stuff that make chicks tingle?

If not, Bob should probably start with this. It seems more innocent than trying to kiss her (which is going to lead to more, ldo), and if she has a bf and doesn't say anything at that point, then it's gogogogogogogo.

If, on the other hand, Bob tries to kiss her, and she thinks Bob knows she has a bf (maybe the mutual friend told her she told yo...Bob), she might resent Bob (unwarranted, obviously) for making her so confused about her emotions -- or for not respecting her relationship decisions. This is dumb on her part, but if she's currently considering dumping the real bf for Bob, this could really be bad for Bob.

So yeah. tell Bob to try to hold her hand while watching a movie next time (see what happens when you brush up against it first). If she resists, let it go as if nothing happened, and this shouldn't affect their relationship too much.

No one asked for pics of Bob's girl yet?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM

oh goofy just go for it. you are getting LJBFed and that is worse than rejection.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Do not talk about her boyfriend. If she doesn't bring him up, he doesn't exist.

I faced the exact situation over the summer. My female friend advised me to ask her about her boyfriend, but it's a TERRIBLE idea. It draws attention to the fact that she's in a relationship and many inject her with guilt and caution about fooling around with you.

Stop being a fish and kiss her, NEVER mentioning her bf.

oh, and I got the girl [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 AM

1. Bob shouldn't bring up the bf, all it will do is elicit the guilt reaction from the girl because she'll now know that he may think she's a "cheater".
2. Bob better make a move sexually, either kissing or making it known. He's moving closer to the friend zone.
3. Bob shouldn't ask where they stand, asking the girl questions is insecure. The best way is to go in as planned and take 2 steps back for every step forward if he can't pass go.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 AM

tell her how you feel
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 PM

goofyballer is a PUA?

my arse
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 PM

hug it out
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM