Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 AM

Default A hand that was probably misplayed

i wasn't paying that much attention to this table as I was trying to 12 table so I admit to probably not playing this hand optimally. I just knew that the pot was big and I had top pair and a gutshot!

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Tell me where I went wrong if at all and also hand ranges please.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: A hand that was probably misplayed

I don't MIND the 3 bet on the flop, but... Ugh... CO coldcalling for 3 bets on the flop is a dead give away that he is on a heart draw or a straight draw, perhaps a slowplayed JJ or 99. Either way it's gross that he cold called 3.

I check the turn because all those draws just cashed in and we are still behind to perhaps a slow played set. The pot is pretty sweet now, so I don't imagine folding is an option, but I certainly think checking is better than any other line due to the cold call behind us.

I should also check call the river.

I made a post two days ago in small stakes limit about a bad fold I made with top pair. Folding top two in a big pot... You are getting too good of odds to fold without reads.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: A hand that was probably misplayed

flop is close I dont mind a fold or CC here
turn should be a c/c and river c/f imo, someone has to have at least a T here