Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Nl200 AA in rr

Hi.

No reads at all, just sat down and never played with villain before. Is this a call - also bet/check flop and why. Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($140.15)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($297.65)</font>
Button ($229.58)
SB ($147.03)
BB ($281.46)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $18.

Flop: ($55) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($55) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG calls $140.15 (All-In), Hero calls $114.15.

River: ($309.30) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $309.30

I didnt realize that UTG only had 140$, I suppose we always bet the flop. If stacks were 200$ is checking the flop then ok?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Nl200 AA in rr

I am prob betting this flop, $45 sounds good to me. and calling a push, if he happens to have QQ, you still have 11 outs, which isnt bad. But in all likelyhood he could have, JJ, AQ, KK and still be pushing on you.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:37 AM

I almost always bet flop. You're never far behind. Obviously you're checking to try and get some value out of the hand. But I'd definitely be betting atleast $30 on the flop.

It's hard for him to fold with any hand at all for half pot, and he may just decide to push being semi-short if he has an average hand. Clearly you're not scared of being behind on the flop...if he has a set with under 75BB in a RR pot you're going to the felt.

Basically I just think you have too much equity on the flop to forego getting any money in. Also, checking like you did opens up tough turn spots when you miss, as you saw. And whilst the deck is weighted in your favour...giving away free cards is never really too great.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always bet flop. You're never far behind. Obviously you're checking to try and get some value out of the hand. But I'd definitely be betting atleast $30 on the flop.

It's hard for him to fold with any hand at all for half pot, and he may just decide to push being semi-short if he has an average hand. Clearly you're not scared of being behind on the flop...if he has a set with under 75BB in a RR pot you're going to the felt.

Basically I just think you have too much equity on the flop to forego getting any money in. Also, checking like you did opens up tough turn spots when you miss, as you saw. And whilst the deck is weighted in your favour...giving away free cards is never really too great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think $30 is a good number, that represents that we are strong and not afraid of that flop in anyway, I think 2-3 or a pot sized bet looks a lot more scared then a $30 bet on that flop.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 AM

I don't think/hope OP is checking the flop because he think he's behind, he's induced a push bluff, now please call.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think $30 is a good number, that represents that we are strong and not afraid of that flop in anyway, I think 2-3 or a pot sized bet looks a lot more scared then a $30 bet on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree.

$30 is the minimum I would bet, but 2/3 - 3/4 is probably a better number.

I don't, however, think $30 is necessarily bad. It all depends on opponent and his/your image. If you vary your bet sizes a lot then it's alright...but if you're the kind of player that always clicks 'bet pot', an unusually small bet would set off alarm bells.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:47 AM

I dont think that a push-bluff is gonna happen here very often, most players bluff, but not at boards like that. I hope thise kid showed down 109, cause if he did, dont get mad, hes just a moron.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think/hope OP is checking the flop because he think he's behind, he's induced a push bluff, now please call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly not.

But I'd rather start getting my money in on the flop where I know I'm ahead of his range, rather than wait until the turn where I might be.

A huge problem with checking the flop is that if you hit your flush draw he'll most likely shut up shop. You're just giving free cards that will either beat you or kill your action.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:52 AM

Exactly.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:55 AM

I agree that I definetely should have bet the flop. As I played the hand, is turn still a call?