Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-27-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: call of duty 4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might spend the rest of my life trying to get past the fkkking ferris wheel waiting for helicopter part.

[/ QUOTE ]
when you set the guy down, look to hsi right and there is a tree, use this tree as cover, and you will realy only have to look to your right, which is right at the wheel and behind it. It limits the space you have to look at, and should give you enough cover to not have to worry about the [censored] he is shooting at. Also, plant all you claymores before he uses the raido.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that's what I've been doing but a dog has killed me like 6 of the ~10 times I've tried this part even though I press the knife button. I used all my claymores at the last checkpoint. Do you have to be fully standing to knife the dog or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
I posted a way to beat this level pretty easily in white if you scroll up a ways.

And I've only killed a dog once after it tackled me. Those things suck.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beat: game doesn't work on vista x64

[/ QUOTE ]

it should.

http://www.codboards.com/showthread.php?t=21060 shows some solutions to common problems.

[ QUOTE ]
sooooo glad im still using xp. all i hear about vista are "hey im having massive problem x with vista this week".

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, but every problem that someone has with a vista machine you* blame on vista, which reinforces your existing views.

if you blamed every problem that someone has with an XP machine on XP, you'd probably come up with a similar view of XP.

once I updated my sound and graphics drivers, the game ran beautifully on my not-so-powerful T5500 C2D & nVidia 7900 GO GS laptop.

*i mean "you" in a plural, generic sense of people who are critical of vista. obviously, "you" as an individual might be different.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

I guess so, I am specifically talking about people who go from having no problems in xp to having problems in vista. I kind of feel like they just spent a bunch of money to give themselves more hassle. TBH i feel like if i got vista i wouldn't have any real problems, but thats mostly because i'm not computer retarded, which most people are.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone just told me that there is no split screen on xbox live, like the 4 person split screen there is for halo on live?

Seriously? 2 person split screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone attest to the validity of this statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid...

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know why? I'm not going to get the game because of this. Rainbow six vegas suffered from this too, and as a result, me and my friends only play Halo 3. Do they just assume that everyone who plays is a nerd, and therefore has no friends to play split screen with on live? I'm sorry, but this is sooooo lame.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone just told me that there is no split screen on xbox live, like the 4 person split screen there is for halo on live?

Seriously? 2 person split screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone attest to the validity of this statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid...

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know why? I'm not going to get the game because of this. Rainbow six vegas suffered from this too, and as a result, me and my friends only play Halo 3. Do they just assume that everyone who plays is a nerd, and therefore has no friends to play split screen with on live? I'm sorry, but this is sooooo lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because all the nerds invest in two tv's, two systems, and two live accounts?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess so, I am specifically talking about people who go from having no problems in xp to having problems in vista. I kind of feel like they just spent a bunch of money to give themselves more hassle. TBH i feel like if i got vista i wouldn't have any real problems, but thats mostly because i'm not computer retarded, which most people are.

[/ QUOTE ]
i totally agree with this.

if i had a pre-existing machine with pre-existing XP, there seems to be little point to upgrade; however, if you're going to get a new one, the effort of getting XP is not worth it (vista is the default now).

with vista, you just need to ensure that all your drivers are up-to-date and you should be fine.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM

Saw this posted on another site. I didn't realize that one level was based on a real place.

link

link
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 AM

awesome game. still doesnt beat halo 3 multiplayer for me though, camping can be way too effective
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome game. still doesnt beat halo 3 multiplayer for me though, camping can be way too effective

[/ QUOTE ]
I always like this a bit more, the camping that is. I always felt that Halo was more of a "hey there is a bunch of guys, lets toss grenades and gogogogo" compared to a "[censored], there are two snipers in the top of that building, and a dude with a shotgun in the bottom, how the hell do I get them out"

Idk, for some reason the realism portion of MP FPS games sits better with me. I sort of came up with CS and SOCOM, which was more of a get shot twice and die kinda game. I know that Halo is much more than I think it is, I just have a hard time getting into it.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw this posted on another site. I didn't realize that one level was based on a real place.

link

link

[/ QUOTE ]

That is really cool, thanks. They really thought they did a good job on that level, and made you feel like you were in some crazy abandoned town. I guess I was right!