Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Doyles Room moving to...Prima?

Sure seems like Microgaming (Prima) to me. Freeroll description (7 per day, $4,200 total prize pool) fits exactly, Pokerzone fits, bad beat jackpot is a match, and the Sunday guaranteed is the same.

Bizarre.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They planned horribly if they are, dumping US players then going to a pretty much US-friendly network, description definitely looks like Prima though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a track record of bad planning. This is the same site that had several months of lead time to join another network after being warned by Tribeca and didn't get it done in time.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM

If (and this is a big if) Doyle's does go to Prima and is able to get a decent amount of their US players back, maybe this will spur Prima to get some more US-friendly deposit and withdrawal options going.

Sounds like horrible planning on Doyle's part, but could be a real boost to Prima if it helps to increase their evening (US time) traffic.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Ya I was just looking at prima deposit options.. unless my cc would work, I can't use any of them. If it did work I wouldn't be able to withdrawl then lol.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM

If they decide to take americans again I wont be going back. It is one thing to not accept americans, lots of poker rooms dont. It is another to screw people as you show them the door. Their claim that we cant use our action points in the store due to regulations is a joke. Some sites have treated me fairly as they threw me out, others attempted to screw, and doyles is the latter.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM

I very much doubt whether they'll accept Americans again. Seems more of a management decision (e.g. Doyle) than their hand being forced by the network (they would have gotten out earlier, a la Full Contact).
Old 03-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Who knows if this is a good decision by them or not. I think owners of microgaming skins can expect to get around 70% of revenue back from players that play though their skin. What if FTP offered them more then 70% for the American players that got transfered?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If (and this is a big if) Doyle's does go to Prima and is able to get a decent amount of their US players back, maybe this will spur Prima to get some more US-friendly deposit and withdrawal options going.

Sounds like horrible planning on Doyle's part, but could be a real boost to Prima if it helps to increase their evening (US time) traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would prob be the worst move ever. Kick out all US players a month later tell them to come back after transfering all their funds to FTP. lol I loved the place but I dont think I will be able to play there for some years to come
Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who knows if this is a good decision by them or not. I think owners of microgaming skins can expect to get around 70% of revenue back from players that play though their skin. What if FTP offered them more then 70% for the American players that got transfered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but that's a pretty big chunk to give away. Not only that, but I'm sure many of the US players altready had FT accounts.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM

meh, prima doesn't take 11 states (basically all of the ones I have any interest in living in) anyway.