Old 02-06-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: FBI freezes Neteller US customer\'s funds

More good news
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 AM

I don't think this is true.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:29 AM

The Guardian isn't a gutter trash paper, any reason why you think its false?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 AM

Edit: it appears to be true...
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 AM

This is nonsense. There is no news here, although that won't stop this thread from turning into hundreds of hysterical rants.

The article cites "one US newspaper report" quoting FBI agent Neil Donovan. That's the tired USA Today story that's been quoted over and over out of context. From what I've gathered, what the original USA Today story failed to mention (or maybe DID mention but misleadlingly worded) was that the frozen Neteller funds are for certain customer accounts involved in the Betonsports debacle ONLY - funds that were frozen LAST SUMMER. They have NOT frozen the funds of US customers in general. I don't believe that would be a legal option, or that it would be in the government's interest if it were an option, and if they had done so it would have been widely reported by now.

The USA Today article did a poor job with the facts. The Guardian article cites that erroneous article as its only source, and otherwise rambles vaguely for a few paragraphs with absolutely no new information. This is one of the worst pieces of journalism I've seen in a while, which is saying something considering how bad most of the writing about poker and gambling is.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nonsense. There is no news here, although that won't stop this thread from turning into hundreds of hysterical rants.

The article cites "one US newspaper report" quoting FBI agent Neil Donovan. That's the tired USA Today story that's been quoted over and over out of context. From what I've gathered, what the original USA Today story failed to mention (or maybe DID mention but misleadlingly worded) was that the frozen Neteller funds are for certain customer accounts involved in the Betonsports debacle ONLY - funds that were frozen LAST SUMMER. They have NOT frozen the funds of US customers in general. I don't believe that would be a legal option, or that it would be in the government's interest if it were an option, and if they had done so it would have been widely reported by now.

The USA Today article did a poor job with the facts. The Guardian article cites that erroneous article as its only source, and otherwise rambles vaguely for a few paragraphs with absolutely no new information. This is one of the worst pieces of journalism I've seen in a while, which is saying something considering how bad most of the writing about poker and gambling is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure as hell hope that you are right.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Does no one use their critical thinking skills when reading articles?

This thread is why I'm thankful there is an "official" Neteller thread, and this one will be locked in short order, I'm sure. Had anyone bothered to read that thread, you'd find this article referenced earlier today, and commented on at length.

I can appreciate the panic and frustration everyone must be feeling right now, but hard though it may be, it's a time to panic LESS, not more. Read everything with a critical eye, think it through. I'm sure most of you are fairly intelligent people, but you're letting the situation overtake your brains.

Rant over.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sure as hell hope that you are right.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is.
Closed Thread