Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Cash games worth watching?

Which of the televised cash games are worth watching (apart from HSP, obv). I've seen some of the Aussie Millions cash game, and that seemed pretty good. Any others worth watching?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Cash games worth watching?

What other cash games are there?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM

I know of at least two; Party Poker Den - The Big Game, the Full Tilt cash game.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What other cash games are there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Others I have seen (on Challenge TV in the UK) are the 'Ultimate Poker Cash Game' and the 'Poker Den 24 hour cash game'. The latter was a UK event and a one off (I think). The former was a cash game spin off from the Ultimate Poker Challenge, not sure if it still runs.

I found the ultimate poker cash game worth a look, but the poker den was so-so (unless you liked to watch Tony G, Devilfish and Helmuth trash talking each other!). I tried googling but found no informative info out there, so not sure how you can see these other than in the UK or perhaps on the web.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 AM

Watched quite a bit of the Party Poker 24hr cash game - it's quite good, but not a patch on HSP. The stakes are quite low ($25/$50, even though its filmed in London?) but the action is good.

It's amusing to see Phil Hellmuth getting beaten up all night, but my highlight is Roland de Wolfe's 3rd hand at the table. There's a small raise and a couple of calls and Roland makes it $2000, it's folded back round to Devilfish who shoves for about $10000 saying something along the lines "lets not mess about, no we're playing". Folded back round to Roland who insta-calls with Aces, Devilfish has KQ or some junk. Devilfish berates his luck and tries to curse himself out of looking foolish.

PS: I don't mind Jesse May (who's this show's host) but I know others find him really irritating, if you do this shows not for you.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM

I am one of the guys who doesn't care for Jesse too much...