Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: UPDATE on MGM vs MCC PLEASE

Search my posts from perhaps 5 months ago w.r.t. MC new room. It's no smoking. You get an hour to check in after you call. They usually have 5 or 6 $1-2nl games, 2 $5-10nl and on occasion two $2-5nl. On Tues they have $10-20 round by round, Omaha hi and hold 'em. On Wed and Sat they have $5-10 O8 w/ a kill. I think it's the best room around, when they have the thermostat set to a reasonable temperature!

I have no experience at MGM, but can say that the players I talk to still complain about the horrible dealers. It looks comfortable though. They've had a $5-10nl, but I only heard of that going twice in the past.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:56 PM

I haven't made it back down to MCC since the summer and was hoping the 15-30 was still running on Saturdays. Did this really drop down to 10-20 and does it ever run on Saturdays? Is it still going somewhat healthy on Tuesdays? Don't know if I'll make it down before Chirstmas, but looking to get back down there, it was a good game!
--Sax
Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Chicago, but family is from Michigan, and I will be visiting Detroit over the holidays. I must get away and play some poker to save my sanity during my visit. Now that MCC has opened its new facility, I'd like some updates as to the room, NL spreads, can you call in, no smoking ( I hope), etc... I've only played at Greektown, and it was the absolute pits, a prime example of how bad a bad a poker room can be run with no competition (cough, cough, I can still smell the smoke).

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, Gtown does have competition from MGM, Windsor, and Motor City. But it is still one of the hardest rooms to put up with. The thing is, having competition isn't enough. It's who is competing and how they deal with it.