Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 PM

Default O8 at 2007 Trump Classic?

Since I figured the dtaes were coming up, I went online to see what was going on with the Trump Classic. Trumptaj.com has no listing at all, but Pokerpages.com has a tournament schedule for the 12th of this month through December. Trumptaj.com is notoriously terrible as a website, so this does not surprise me.

There are O8 events listed on Nov 14 and Dec 5. It does not say which is PLO8 and which is LO8. I assume one is PLO8, since it was last year. Based on schedule, I think it may be the first one. There is also a hilo 2 way on the 15th and a HOSE game the 16th. All are $300+40.There is also a 2way hilo in December for $500+50.

Can anyone confirm PLO8 vs LO8?

Oh yeah, and for anyone keeping track: the last major PLO8 at Trump was in the summer, the day after the big PLO8 in the WCOOP at PokerStars. If this event on the 14th is the PLO8, it is the day after the PLO8 event on Fulltilt.

Nice planning as always. Hold em happens every hour, but O8 tournies are precious few. Why do they have to do this?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: O8 at 2007 Trump Classic?

OK, never mind - nothing like calling in to the actual room to find out what is up.

That pokerpages schedule is completely wrong. The poker room rep I just talked to said there is one LO8 on the 28th of November for $340 - and mentioned a 2 way game on another day, I did not get the details. I asked specifically for pot limit O8 and that was not on the schedule.

Well, I am disappointed, but both those dates from the false schedule were almost impossible for me to make for work reasons.

With a series start date of the 23rd, they really ought to have the right schedule up on the website soon.