Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: 50NL Pocket Aces w/flush draw on turn

I don't mind checking at all, but I'm not checking to fold. Certainly sticking some money in here is a frisky play and not for the feint of heart and perhaps boarders on wreckless. I'm not afraid to admit that.

What I really have a problem with is this notion that we're automatically behind and we need to roll over and play dead. I do realize that the board is 4 straighted and flushed. It's a terrifying board for a lot of hands. Really, really terrifying. We know nobody has the nuts. We're 3 way. Nobody was shown any particular strength. UTG+1 was the most likely to be drawing but checked the turn. Maybe his draw came in, maybe it didn't. The BTN doesn't need anything more than a T and would often have raised with a quality draw. I'm not at all ready to give up on my hand.

Had UTG+1 led the turn I would mostly lay it down. But he didn't, so I don't mind gamblin'.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Whatever these guys were calling with on the flop it is very likely they just made their hands on this turn. Hope for a club on the river and try to get their as cheap as possible.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM

If you have a tight image, get to showdown cheaply. If you don't or like to gamble, go for CRAI. Either way, I check the turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a tight image, get to showdown cheaply. If you don't or like to gamble, go for CRAI. Either way, I check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have a tight image, but I checked with the intention of CRAI if the button raised. He did, UTG+1 folded, and I pushed. I knew I was behind when he called, but was surprised when I saw he had turned two pair (87). I certainly didn't put him on that. Regardless, my main interest in posting this was to see what people thought was the better play once the turn came. After the fact, I thought I played it incorrectly with the CRAI and wanted to get everyone's opinion.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:35 PM

...snip...
So bet the pot. Or bet it all because if we bet the pot, we're pot stuck. 2 pair hands really can't call us.
...snip...

I stand corrected. Not sure how 2 pair called there. I take it you missed all your outs. Sigh.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...snip...
So bet the pot. Or bet it all because if we bet the pot, we're pot stuck. 2 pair hands really can't call us.
...snip...

I stand corrected. Not sure how 2 pair called there. I take it you missed all your outs. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I think the problem with CRAI here is that the majority of the time I'm going to find myself getting called when I'm way behind hoping to make the nut flush.