Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 PM

Default 25nl - Flopped set, filled up on river.

It seemed like the T improved him, so I thought QT or 87 were most likely. Maybe KJ, but probably not. Since I think I'm way ahead or way behind was my call fine? The river fills me up, but also fills up QT so now I think I'm way ahead of a straight and way behind QT. How do I decide whether to call or raise river?

Thanks, Matt

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($31.45)
Hero ($23)
UTG+1 ($15.05)
MP1 ($24.30)
MP2 ($22.30)
CO ($25.20)
Button ($48.35)
SB ($17.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($7.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($15.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15.75</font>, SB calls $4.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $35.55
Old 10-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 25nl - Flopped set, filled up on river.

Raise preflop

He's so short that you should just push the turn
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Don't raise preflop. This is idiotic unless you have reason to believe that this is an ultra passive table and it never gets three-bet.

As played you can probably just shove the turn, but your line is OK as well. You are probably overthinking the river, just get it all in. If it's QT, god bless.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise preflop. This is idiotic unless you have reason to believe that this is an ultra passive table and it never gets three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising preflop is super standard. are you suggesting it would be better to open limp? what is your open limping range?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 PM

I will ignore the PF line for now but I pot the flop. As played you have to raise the turn around pot or just shove cause hes short.

I know at this limit raising PF from any position will usually win you some pots with CBets, but you have to know your table a bit. If you just sat down I dont mind an open limp until you have some idea of how the table is playing.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know at this limit raising PF from any position will usually win you some pots with CBets, but you have to know your table a bit. If you just sat down I dont mind an open limp until you have some idea of how the table is playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, open-limp ain't brilliant but it's ok
Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Though some guys seems to think openlimping is a mortal sin, IMO it is not. You shouldn't openlimp all your small to medium pairs but doing it occasionally is fine with me, especially at limits like NL25 and below. I would even say same goes for SCs sometimes.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Though some guys seems to think openlimping is a mortal sin, IMO it is not. You shouldn't openlimp all your small to medium pairs but doing it occasionally is fine with me, especially at limits like NL25 and below. I would even say same goes for SCs sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, while small pairs do well in raised pots I think seeing some cheap flops at limits like 25NL isnt -ev. I am noticing a trend that there is a lot of floating being done at 25NL. If you are raising small pairs pf and cbetting them most of the time and you get floated it gets super hard to play. This I am sure has been discussed before, but I have a hard time when I get floated with small pairs that didnt hit the flop. I tend to limp in early position and behind a few limpers most of the time and raise in late position.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]qft. The most ideal tables to limp at are at tables where people will stack off in unraised pots which holds true for most of the $25 player pool. At tightish tables raise them in EP, then leave the table when the blinds get to you.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:05 PM

open limping 66utg isnt really bad until like 100nl and even then you can still do it sometimes if you switch up your play.

Played fine if you raise him all in on the turn. He likes his hand obviously when he calls raise/leads