Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 10-25-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Babar angry, goes to 5/10 (2 AK spots)

ok so after dropping 72 bets in an hour at 1/2 and 2/4 to the most ridiculous stuff imaginable, i decided to move up to 5/10 and either busto or robusto my roll on this site. i am definitely playing lag and a bit aggro (i had another 2p2er sweating me and i don't think he'd say i was playing bad/tilty here but definitely a bit more aggro than normal).

here are two spots i got into with AK. what do you guys think? on each tell me good, bad, okay, etc, and whatever other info you want.

my image is lagtag (about 32/25 7 handed for this table session) and everyone else are lp donks ranging from 40/10 to 50/3).

5/10 online playing 7 handed

hand 1

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ??

hand 2

5/10 online also 7 handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ??

thanks guys. how many outs do you estimate i have on each hand?

edited to add the angry face icon.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Babar angry, at 5/10 (2 AK spots)

Very quickly. Hand 1 - bad spot to bet out.

Hand 2 - Peel dont raise.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM

dont like either

check hand 1

call hand 2 (intending to call down ui and get 2.5BB from AJ/KJ)
Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Babar angry, goes to 5/10 (2 AK spots)

* grunch*

Hand 1: I doubt betting is good. The hands we see fold are the ones which we beat- and the hands that call will be drawing to a winner or tie. I assign 4 outs to a straight and 1 out for each OC because of the drawy board - so 6 outs total.

Hand 2: I like the raise if it is for a free card. Again I think we got about 6 outs.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Betting out might clear some A outs from A9/AT, just maybe. K-outs we probably cannot clear as KQ isn't folding ever and KT/K9 have a gutshot. There's RIO on offer for our A/K outs. If our image is a LAGTAG and the villains are paying attention folds aren't as likely if you image was tighter.

It is pretty unlikely we have the best hand or equity edge here (somebody could stove this please) as that flop hits a lot of limping hands and hard. We are very unlikely to get a free card on turn with three villains still left to act behind us - even if they are passive.

I don't like the bet. Check and re-evaluate based on odds. Go aggro when you have a hand vs LP-donks.

Outs, J outs are obviously good and might offer good implied odds from donks having a K. However, I doubt all four Jacks are still in the deck. A and K outs are heavily tainted. 5-6 outs is my guess.
---

It's a small pot, we probably aren't in the lead after BB donks and we are possibly pushing out SB with a worse hand than ours. However, raising for free card has its merits here vs. these passive villains.

I give Jacks 3.5 outs, overcards 2.5 (reverse domination, straights) + 1 for BDFD. 7 outs.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2
(intending to call down ui and get 2.5BB from AJ/KJ)

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think this is good vs loose passive donks?

I think a made TP-type hand is by far the most common hand here a passive villain would donk with.

Call flop yes, check outs on turn yes, but I wouldn't plan to show this down UI.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 AM

at 5/10 i honestly believe this is AJ and exactly AJ like 70%+ of the time, another 10% this is KJ

babar pm me spoiler plz
Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 AM

Well if you can really put them on such a tight range with confidence your line is fine.

My level is 2/4 - 3/6 online and there I'd have to assume the donk from a passive villain most of the time means a made hand.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 AM

:grunch:

Hand 1: Bad spot for a c-bet imo. That flop is too coordinated and it's a 5-way pot. There's a decent chance you'll get raised as well when you'd rather see the turn cheaply.

Hand 2: Just peel. I don't see what raising accomplishes.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 AM

*Grunch - lol, just figured out what this meant *

Hand 1 - Board waayyy to scary to c-bet esp. with 5 players. I check, a king probably gives someone straight. I estimate 6-7 outs.

Hand 2 - check behind. fold river if hand doesn't improve. I estimate 11-12 outs.