Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi - Poker Tracker Questions

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like site 2 you got the wrong number for vpip.

And the 3sr numbers seem very low.

[/ QUOTE ]

U r correct on both.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:00 PM

So I quess thats a confirmation?????

So ur #s are:

Site 1: VPIP 32.54%, 3SR% 4.14%
Site 2: VPIP 34.13%, 3SR% 3.12%
Site 3: VPIP 33.32%, 3SR% 4.07%

Your current trend of 3 - 4 BB/100 will not continue. Surprisingly it is a winning style but with a very low win rate. I hope you have rackback. I have identified roughly 40 different styles of stud players, with only 8 as winning players. If you move up, you'll get killed by a table of solid players. In order to win, you must have several clueless fish playing. You are not a TAG by anyone's definition. Good Luck and the good news is that you can build a bankroll with this style. You just need time and fish.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:10 PM

I'm curious what kind of approach you'd take towards this kind of player. You see it a lot at lower stakes, a lot of them are pretty nitty post-4th, which is, I assume, where their money comes from (fishier players getting frisky with bad hand, etc). I mostly play razz at the moment but you see this a lot in razz too and they generally are winning players - they fold 4th and 5th a lot.

I have not figured out a solid strategy to beat them, except that I don't automatically put them on crap when they limp in, because they always limp in.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 AM

They are looking for "cheap" calls on 3rd and 4th, so U make it expensive on 3rd and 4th. It really pisses them off, because it makes them very uncomfortable. They hate 3 bets early. So if they want to make early mistakes, then make them pay. A table of solid players will cap limpers. A very overlooked +EV play by "middle-of-the-road" stud players. You really test their emotions over a vwey short period of time. But keep in mind, their involvement is very important to keeping games going, so BS and negative chat is a no-no. So be friends and let them have their small win rates.

I don't play razz or stud8 but I think capping on 3rd would only occur when rolled (stud8) because of the need to still catch cards to make a winning hand. But I'm not sure, but it makes sense. I think it takes different styles to win at all three games, with razz and stud8 being more limited in scope, because of the need to still "catch". In addition, the need to bluff is a very important part of stud, while the other two games limit this critical part of poker.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I quess thats a confirmation?????

So ur #s are:

Site 1: VPIP 32.54%, 3SR% 4.14%
Site 2: VPIP 34.13%, 3SR% 3.12%
Site 3: VPIP 33.32%, 3SR% 4.07%

Your current trend of 3 - 4 BB/100 will not continue. Surprisingly it is a winning style but with a very low win rate. I hope you have rackback. I have identified roughly 40 different styles of stud players, with only 8 as winning players. If you move up, you'll get killed by a table of solid players. In order to win, you must have several clueless fish playing. You are not a TAG by anyone's definition. Good Luck and the good news is that you can build a bankroll with this style. You just need time and fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think u r wrong. My stats from higher limits look totally different (very few hands -I know these will change):

FL 2/4 VPIP 26,54, 3SR 5.33
FL 3/6 VPIP 23,27, 3SR 6.44
FL 5/10 VPIP 20, 3SR 13.33

I think the main issue here is that high stakes players have forgotten(?) how lower limits are played. So I believe my current trend of 3-4 BB/100 will continue. Multitabling 4 tbls makes around 24 bucks an hour, which is more than I would make at high stakes with 1BB/100.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM

I will continue [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My stats from iPoker 2/4 stud hi:

BB/100 9.38
VPIP 32.09
3SR 6.35
WSD 56.82

And some pics that will make you laugh, and then cry if you're en american and therefor cannot play at this site. Just want to show you why it's possible to win with "my style" as others call with complete crap.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM

You aren't showing any of your extra 7-8% of hands that you are playing on 3rd....what are those comprised of and how can they be winning combinations? Or are the players just SO bad that you should be winning even more!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM

I don't call with poop. I suppose my VPIP is highish because I have a problem folding draws, even against a single opponent.

Should I win more? Depends on the site.

At PS my VPIP is around 23 and BB/100 less than 2.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM

You know, if I saw someone at the tables with the SN "BigBoobz", I would normally assume there is like a 1% chance they were actually a female lol.