Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 09-17-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Why don\'t you turbo anymore?

[ QUOTE ]
and I don't wish to segregate the POG community from the rest of 2p2 since I have pretty deep ties to this site which absolutely will not go away for a long time due to my dependence on poker for income.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the #2 reason i stopped contributing to OH's site (the #1 reason being time)
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I don't wish to segregate the POG community from the rest of 2p2 since I have pretty deep ties to this site which absolutely will not go away for a long time due to my dependence on poker for income.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the #2 reason i stopped contributing to OH's site (the #1 reason being time)

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought #1 reason was because you are teh suck at games?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure I am going to step on a lot of toes by saying this, but there's pressure now to play ww at OH's site since they put in all the work to design a special system for it, but personally I am content playing games here and the promise of cool features isn't enough to overcome the inconvenience of having to check a third party site for signups and gameplay. If games move over there then we will lose touch with the 2p2 base where new players are drawn from. This doesn't bode well for the long-term survival of the games, and I don't wish to segregate the POG community from the rest of 2p2 since I have pretty deep ties to this site which absolutely will not go away for a long time due to my dependence on poker for income.

Also, I'm just not as enthusiastic about playing a lot as I used to be, but I'd still like to play sometimes if they would run here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi soah,

There were no toes stepped on and no hard feelings at all. It's all good.

Last summer, I came up with a zillion-and-one ideas on how to improve POG and WW games here. I had discussed those ideas with many other poggers. Unfortunately, both 2+2's software wasn't flexible enough, and the admins didn't care enough, about WW games for my suggestions to be practical. The general atmosphere of POG had also changed between last summer and this summer. I remember when every turbo played in 2006 had a mod. 90% of those turbos had great writeups/stories/themes. On numerous occasions, I even gave 3-4 different mods donations for running the games in which I played. Please don't think POG was ever taken for granted by this individual.

The games on here were awesome. Then, this summer rolled around...

POG turbos went from highly-artistic game mods to a start-game-and-leave randfest. A new crew of players came in that became accustomed to this "new" turbo environment. Uncontrolled games and angleshooting ran wild. POG regulars drifted away. This is why so many people lost interest in playing. It's not because games weren't getting off. It's because everything stems from the top (in this case, the quality of game mods).

When I first acquired the USG domain name, there were no intentions of having WW there (or even a forum for that matter). Some day rolled around, after the flash game section was created and a forum was added for their discussion, when I looked at the new POG and realized how much I had missed the old POG. With a great forum platform, the flexibility to customize it, and WW players running the site...WW came up as a possibility. One thing led to another and Werewolf integration was developed.

There's no "pressure" to play on USG. If you feel that way, I don't know what to tell you...because I still play games on POG and will for as long as they are here. USG wasn't created to break up the community. As far as I (and many other Old-Timers) are concerned, that already happened when people stopped caring. USG's only Werewolf goal is to bring back what was lost sometime last year and improve on it. USG will be building its own community; one in which poggers are, of course, welcome. All we did was ask some POG friends to help get games rolling (e.g. for testing purposes, etc.) while WW forum integration is new. The POG community will still remain what it is.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:29 PM

So not true. I have been beaten with a sock full of batteries, soaked to the bone in chilly milk, and left for dead in Mexico with only a sleeve of golf balls and a rusty paper clip, all because I refuse to hang out at USG. So don't act like you are POG's grandpa, sitting around a crackling fire drinking bourbon from a sippy cup and regaling us with stories of how it used to be in the 80s when women went wild over a sequined vest and a Cameo record. I realize that I am putting my kneecaps and vocal chords in danger by outing the thuggish behavior by USG, its employees, and representatives, but the fertile crops of liberty are nourished by the blood of martyrs. [censored] you sir, [censored] you.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Why are you making such a big deal? They were only AAA batteries.

P.S. still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amp
Old 09-17-2007, 04:34 PM

USG kicked my cat
Old 09-17-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is zero making such a big deal? They were only AAA batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is zero making such a big deal? They were only AAA batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all. Keep 'em coming!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
USG killed my summer

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 05:00 PM

I want to give love to POG for stepping up and having 3! turbos today! They were all 9ers and all were a lot of fun! I do prefer 13 players as well, but 9's can be fun (although village went 3 of 3).

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] POG!