Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Bush Derangement Syndrome...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I said...the whole thing was hearsay.
Content is everything.....you believed this story hook-line-and-sinker. Pardon me if I discount your critical thinking skills......

As I said before...I don't even like Bush (as president) but this story seemed very petty and my BS detector was sounding 5-alarms. But....we will see how Bush behaves out-of-office, then we will know the truth...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush agreed to be interviewed by this guy for a book. He wrote Bush's statements in his book. He confirmed them on TV interview which I watched. Did I hear Bush say these remarks? Did I depose Bush? Did I have him or the author testify under oath? No, and since your bs dectector is going off, I guess it must be hearsay.

Legally, I don't even think we are violative of the hearsay rule. There is a standard for introducing out of court statements offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted in a courtroom, called the "hearsay rule". Although there are many exceptions, courts prefers statements under oath. We are not introducing Bush's remarks for its veracity, whether he does or does not give speeches is irrelevant. We are offing the statement to show Bush's character. A wartime President saying that the first thing he will do is fill his coffers...we are saying Bush is a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

The subject line says it all. What does being a "wartime President" have to do with anything? Is it any surprise that an ex-Pres is going to go on the lecture circuit?

This kind of hatred for Bush blinds liberals to the really important issues we face.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM

I agree that the OP was over the top. You asked about the relevance of "wartime president" - Some discretion and taste is needed IMO when you are the leader of a country at war. I shouldn't have called Bush a "dick", I think he says insensitive things (like this) and behaves inappropriately (like laughing at a woman on death row) at times.

We are all just people, liberals don't have any more blinding hate than conservatives. You make it sound like liberals are fully of hate and you guys are just celebrating the summer of love. You say we are blind but don't comment on the guy who can't even admit that Bush said what he said. I agree, its not a big deal, giving speeches. I should have just copied Case Closed's post above, he summed up my thoughts on the matter.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the OP was over the top. You asked about the relevance of "wartime president" - Some discretion and taste is needed IMO when you are the leader of a country at war. <font color="red">Then I assume you equally condemn representatives of the government and former representatives of the government criticizing war efforts while on foreign soil? </font> I shouldn't have called Bush a "dick", I think he says insensitive things (like this) and behaves inappropriately (like laughing at a woman on death row) at times. <font color="red">I dont see it is insensitive, but certainly politically incorrect. Im not famiilar with the "laughing at a woman on death row", though my suspicion is that its something mischaracterized. </font>

We are all just people, liberals don't have any more blinding hate than conservatives. You make it sound like liberals are fully of hate and you guys are just celebrating the summer of love. You say we are blind but don't comment on the guy who can't even admit that Bush said what he said. <font color="red">I dont think he was disputing whether or not Bush said it, but the characterization of it as being "the first thing out of his mouth". </font> I agree, its not a big deal, giving speeches. I should have just copied Case Closed's post above, he summed up my thoughts on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In an article for the once-hyped but now defunct magazine, Talk, conservative commentator Tucker Carlson interviewed then-Gov. Bush about Karla Faye Tucker, a woman who had recently been executed after he denied her clemency. Bush's response struck Carlson as "odd and cruel" and he described this exchange:

"I watched [Larry King's] interview with [Karla Faye Tucker]…," Bush said. "He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' 'What was her answer?' I wonder.

'Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, 'don't kill me.'

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/edcut?pid=212394

Conservative Tucker Carlson has related this "odd and cruel" story several times, I just found this in the Nation on a google search. I don't like Carlson's opinions, but he always strikes me as a pretty sober, sincere guy. Considering he has no motive to lie or exaggerate, in fact quite the opposite, I trust his judgment here.

Maybe Felix was just questioning the context, I saw the interview and have what I think is a good feel for the reporter is saying Bush said. I stand by my opinion of what was said, which is what Case Closed said about it, I don't see what political correctness has to do with it.

You lost me on criticizing war outside US.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
behaves inappropriately (like laughing at a woman on death row) at times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bush is also a member of the illuminati....and he is a satan worshiper as well.

[ QUOTE ]
You make it sound like liberals are fully of hate

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep...that sums it up nicely.

[ QUOTE ]
but don't comment on the guy who can't even admit that Bush said what he said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Feel free to post an audio.
After CBS was busted trying to pass forged MS Word douments on fax paper as official military documents, people should scutinize the sources of alledged info... Esspecially on a show featuring that democrat hack Matthews...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 AM

Bush says Tucker made this up and Tucker has no audio to support his story.....why am I not suprised? Gee all these damning Bush quotes and no audio to support their claims.....
Old 09-07-2007, 03:45 AM

Don't make me take another prozac, I have a lot of TV watch and naps to take tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush says Tucker made this up and Tucker has no audio to support his story.....why am I not suprised? Gee all these damning Bush quotes and no audio to support their claims.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Any audio of Bush saying this? (joking, but seriously, give us a source for this, I just scanned some news sites and didn't see anything on it)
Old 09-07-2007, 12:20 PM

maybe it's because i'm not privy to all the details but I dont think laughing at some scumbag woman on death row is bad at all...