Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Default *Official 2007 Bills Thread*

I hope I'm not the only poster here; the Bills boards get worse by the day with uncanny blind optimism.

The biggest plus that we have to cling to right now is that the offense should be better this yr w/ JP looking decent the 2nd half of last yr & a better OL. Even without the addition of Dockery the protection was much better after Peters moved to LT. The "scientist" geek from ESPN said Evans ran 5 double move routes for something like 200+ yards & 5 TD's last year...can that be right? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Of course the offense has looked like pooh thus far in the pre-season. I'm not so much worried about Lynch as he hasn't had much work, but the improved OL on paper hasn't really translated yet.
Parrish has probably been their best player and he might eventually be one of the most dangerous slot guys in the league; but it's doubtful that he or anybody else on the current roster can be a good #2 WR.

Defense - Ruh roh. It's hard to imagine the run defense being any good, even if the losses of Spikes/Fletcher have been overstated IMO. The DL is desperately missing a guy like, well...Pat Williams. Furthermore, Jason Webster appears to suck @ CB & the pass D could suck as well unless somebody other than Schobel steps up as a pass-rusher.
I guess the best case scenerio here is hoping last year's rookie safties become legitimately good & that they can be a "bend but don't break" unit like they've done in the pre-season thus far.

Special Teams - Should be one of the best in the league again. Lol @ Martz for firing this Bobby April guy. Thanks.

The schedule is awful. It's almost impossible to see anything better than 3-5 at the midway point. Maybe we don't deserve to host a MNF game but hey - F- the haters; we've played like 95 straight primetime games on the road outside of that Denver game a couple yrs ago. And of course the Pats have their bye week before playing us for the 8,000,000,001st consecutive year (like they need it).

Sun 9/9 Denver 1:00 pm
Sun 9/16 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 9/23 at New England 1:00 pm
Sun 9/30 NY Jets 1:00 pm
Mon 10/8 Dallas 8:30 pm
bye
Sun 10/21 Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 10/28 at NY Jets 4:05 pm
Sun 11/4 Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 11/11 at Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 11/18 New England 1:00 pm
Sun 11/25 at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Sun 12/2 at Washington 1:00 pm
Sun 12/9 Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 12/16 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 12/23 NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: *Official 2007 Bills Thread*

I like the Bills this year, mostly because I really enjoyed watching Losman last year. I'll be following them this season and rooting for them except on November 25th. I like to see them suprise a few teams and make a possible push as a contender late in the season. They could very much win 4 of their last 5 games.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 PM

I hop yur right. Ya know, I'm still a little pissed about a phantom holding call on opening day '04 which gave you guys the ball back which led to an $80million CB whiffing on an int on 4th&38 which led to the first ever 6yard hail marry in NFL history [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
OTOH, the 62-7 raping of the Dolphins was one of the more beautiful sporting events ever; so G/L I guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Why oh why did we get rid of Fat Pat a few years ago instead of Sam Adams?

At the very least, I'm enjoying the transformation Marv is making here. Most of the TD mistakes are getting fixed (weak offensive line for example) and I am absolutely thrilled that McGahee is gone. I wonder how many starting RBs in this league would be replaced by SHAUD WILLIAMS on third down.

Hopefully they are still in contention on 12/23 as my sis is giving me her ticket as a Christmas gift (booo going to college in Boston).
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM

It's going to be another frustrating season....tough schedule, a suspect and unknown defense...it'll be interesting, at least.

I'll be watching to see if Losman actually becomes a QB this year...
Old 08-20-2007, 05:34 PM

I'm a big Bills fan.

Wake me in 3 years.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's going to be another frustrating season....tough schedule, a suspect and unknown defense...it'll be interesting, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not happy with Losman's development last season? By the end of the season he was actually exciting to watch IMO (at least on deep balls to Evans).
Old 08-20-2007, 09:48 PM

Gonna be a long season...

I'm really hoping Fairchild opens the offense up this year, I want to see what Losman can do. Defense will be piss poor at best.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not happy with Losman's development last season? By the end of the season he was actually exciting to watch IMO (at least on deep balls to Evans).

[/ QUOTE ]

pleasantly surprised was more my reaction...let's see if he continues to improve or becomes just another Rob Johnson.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm moving my discussion from my other thread to this one. I'm a life long fan, I've had seasons for years, yada yada.

Here's my team evaluation:

Offense
RG - Wow it's a joke. Sucks that Duke Preston is just flatly terrible, I really was praying he'd magically be good. I guess Jason Shittle it is.

H-Back - No matter what you call him, Neufeld has little talent and is NOT a playmaker.

WR - Peerless still kinda sucks. I really made myself believe he could revitalize things for himslf in Buffalo, but let's face the facts: him and his bum eye were bad enough to be just straight up CUT by MULTIPLE teams. Then we come in and trashpick and make him a starter.

O-line hasn't gelled at all, Lynch isn't lighting it up, Losman looks more like the 2006 first 8 games Losman again than the 2006 second half Losman. Do our TEs even bother running routes in the passing game anymore?

Just end the charade and chuck it deep to Evans everytime. It's really our only move. It'd be nice to let Parrish touch the ball a bit more.

Defense
DT - What a joke. Kyle Williams is not Pat Willams. I mean, he was like some 5th rounder throw away and we just ran out of options. Big weakness.

DE - Well with Denney out and Hargrove suspended, this should be lovely

LB - Poz looks like the freakin man. Crowell seems solid by not elite, Ellison is a liability and is undersized. John "It's not delivery it's" DiGiorgio is a JOKE - get him off the field.

Corner - McGee looks reasonable, Webster is a PUNK. Screw it and just start Greer, at least he makes some random plays occassionally.

Safeties have played pretty well which is nice. Pretty soft, non-impact defense on the whole.

With this schedule, the Bills could reasonably start 0-8. Gah. Hopefully they turn it up for the reg season. I'm sick of all this "Oh we're just playing our vanilla offense and our vanilla defense".

WELL BREAK OUT THE [censored] CHOCOLATE BABY