Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Iraq: The Real Lesson for Americans

[ QUOTE ]
honestly I think blowing the [censored] out of everyone in our path wins that argument.

[/ QUOTE ] you admit that these are CIVILIANS in your path and yet you support killing them en masse in order to eliminate the insurgents??? wouldnt this be using the tactics of the terrorists???? and if this doesnt bother you could you please explain the objectives of that strategy i mean the purpose surely wont be no more to establish anything democratic or even peaceful or even ALIVE out there..... right?? so we basically went in there to KILL......

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a warmanger in the slightest

[/ QUOTE ]only warmongers go to war to kill civilians who have less say about things than even germans had under hitler....

[ QUOTE ]
Our military isn't built for peacekeeping missions.

[/ QUOTE ]no military actually is except perhaps luxembourgs or something. armies are trained to KILL and DESTROY. so someone [censored] up somewhere.

the problem with the bush plan was that someone ripped the pages off after chapter one "the invasion" and the guys are lost about how to go to chapter two. and there was only one copy of the master plan. if only we could find the missing pages. ill go look on ebay.....
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The notion that insurgents (perhaps you would prefer "freedom fighters") in Iraq are resisting the US military is basically absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]they are and its no laughing matter......

[ QUOTE ]
The real secret to the insurgency's "success" is that they don't mind murdering innocents.

[/ QUOTE ]as far as dead americans are concerned in the instances when the insurgents are killing americans they do it without killing iraqi civilians. its rare when they do both at the same time.

those ieds are used for the troops almost always......
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM

What's really funny is the Iraq War will never affect most of us in as real of a way as we pretend it will when we argue about it. But it's still fun to claim a moral high ground and argue about it til the cows come home.

I always laugh when people get heated about the Iraq war (or I guess you could say politics in general) as if I just stole your car and refuse to give it back. Just relax....

More intellectual damage is probably done by claiming a side and arguing ferociously for it than could possibly be done with tanks and missiles.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that some semblance of democracy is even in place, in the middle of what is effectively a civil war amongst rival political sects in the heart of the Middle East, is sort of mind boggling.

[/ QUOTE ]whats even more mindboggling is that the u.s. is trying to ram down those people throats DEMOCRACY when its patently clear that theyre not and will not be ready for some time for the kind of DEMOCRACY were usedto in the west. hell even in some parts of europe they are voting along the lines of CLANS!!!!

did you see the news about the mafia execution in germany of six wiseguys????? they are from some mafia style organisation based in the south of italy not SICILY where the place belongs to 200 families or something. every election everybody votes what the organisation says. nobody betrays. the government is helpless.

AND IRAQ IS MUCH WORSE THAN THAT so the notion of the u.s. is trying to establish a moderate tolerant democracy there is MINDBOGGLING!!! consider that our best allies are the SHIITES......
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Google how to build my own IEDs now... just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

You enjoy the Caribbean, this post just bought you a one way ticket to Cuba
Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And honestly I think blowing the [censored] out of everyone in our path wins that argument. I'm not a warmanger in the slightest but if you do go to war you give the enemy no quarter. It was a really stupid decision to go in and try to pussyfoot our way around the locals. Either go in all the way or don't go in at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you suggesting we should have done differently? I guarantee that the actual locals in Iraq would disagree with the statement that we've been "pussyfooting" around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, while they call us "evil murderers," having lived under Saddam, they know for fact that we are indeed "pussyfooting" them.

Btw, you don't need to kill the population to stop this mess in Iraq. Just arrest every single Iraqi politician that does not agree with you and send them to Cuba.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Let's get this thread back on track! Lancet.

It looks like the real lesson for Americans is the US military can't stop Iraqi men from killing each other.

[ QUOTE ]
When American bombers drop 2000 lb bombs into neighborhoods to kill a single man or group of men, they aren't defenseless women and children just collateral damage, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ever going to post some concrete examples of this happening or are you going to just keep spewing this propaganda and hope no one calls you on it?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too true, too true. Have you chosen a motto for your freeing people to death project? If not, allow me to suggest, "Sic semper tyrannis et civilianis." If you know the Latin for "defenseless women and children," maybe you could work that in somehow too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post delivers.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 AM

Or, we could just elect Lou Dobbs into the white house and oust everyone in congress and elect those candidates backed by Lou.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee that the actual locals in Iraq would disagree with the statement that we've been "pussyfooting" around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, while they call us "evil murderers," having lived under Saddam, they know for fact that we are indeed "pussyfooting" them.

[/ QUOTE ]under sadam if you were a dissident or an uppity kurd or a religious nut YOU WERE IN TROUBLE.

now EVEN IF YOURE NOT a dissident or an uppity kurd or a religious nut YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!

does it look the same or worse to you?.....