Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Stupid AK

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $475.70
Hero (BB): $197.00
UTG: $385.50
MP: $182.40
CO: $133.40
BTN: $200.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $7.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $23.00

Flop: ($68) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $103.40</font>, Hero calls $53.40

Villain is like 60/30 over a small sample and seems out of control - note he's semi short. Once he pushes over my flop cbet I kind of have to call given the pot odds.

Does anyone play this different preflop? Does anyone just c/f the flop?

What if villain was a reg with a full stack? Do you default to bet/fold flop, or do some of you check the flop?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Stupid AK

this is a flop you def. have FE on... there's no FDs... ATs is a believable hand for you and while villain will sometimes have a T he won't a have a 6, 4, or draw super often

the problem is that he's short

i may just check the flop and see how big he bets if at all, but bet calling isn't horrible vs. a bad player

due to his short stack there really isn't an easy solution to this hand.... it's gonna be a GAMBOOOOOOL either way

if you check, i doubt he pushes, he probably bets $20 or something assinine and then that's a whole other set of problems

anyway, hope you hit an A, K or QJ
Old 07-02-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $475.70
Hero (BB): $197.00
UTG: $385.50
MP: $182.40
CO: $133.40
BTN: $200.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $7.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $23.00

Flop: ($68) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $103.40</font>, Hero calls $53.40

Villain is like 60/30 over a small sample and seems out of control - note he's semi short. Once he pushes over my flop cbet I kind of have to call given the pot odds.

Does anyone play this different preflop? Does anyone just c/f the flop?

What if villain was a reg with a full stack? Do you default to bet/fold flop, or do some of you check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

looks good. make pf $35.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 PM

i think crai is btter then b/c. Maybe c/f is the best line not sure how much fe we have against this guy. Either way i think checking &gt; betting

Thoughts?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think crai is btter then b/c. Maybe c/f is the best line not sure how much fe we have against this guy. Either way i think checking &gt; betting

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's close, the flop is dry so you do have some FE vs. morons who call pf light

crai lets villain bluff more often, and he basically is forced to bluff call due to stacks

check folding if villain bets big isn't bad either as villain will often check behind if missed

i think it's pretty close, and i generally err on the side of aggression, but i play more passive vs. short stacks (no FE), so i'm really ambivalent
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 PM

I thought about checking, but figured if he bet he'd feel commited and a c/r would have no FE.

c/f just feels so weak.

If it checks through, I just lost all the FE I may have had against like 77.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM

yeah you wont have any FE against a hand you beat. This is pretty close.

I dont think you have much FE against 77/88/99 anyway given read. Maybe 22/33/55
Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 PM

so.... do you just c/f flop then?

The thing about c/f is that he's probably just going to think "This guy was just stealing preflop, and now that I called him he's just giving up - I should bet the flop". I think he bets worse hands than mine here if I check.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM

im undecided im just throwing random thoughts out there atm

c/f b/c and crai all have their merits
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]