Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Marrying a Girl From a Different Culture

I am from Midwestern farmers and railroad workers/blacksmiths.
Grew up in the rural Ozarks (as opposed to the urban Ozarks, like those slickers in Springfield, MO).

My wife is from Bel Air and grew up with Hollywood folks.

I am still in the process of acquiring some couth and polish.

We met via the wonder of teh Internets and have pretty much given up trying to figure out how we ever ended up with each other [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grew up in the rural Ozarks (as opposed to the urban Ozarks, like those slickers in Springfield, MO).

We met via the wonder of teh Internets and have pretty much given up trying to figure out how we ever ended up with each other [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This does seem to be an interesting cultural blend. Give us an idea of some of your favorite cultural differences between the two of you (besides your lack of "polish" and your southern twang).
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Having spent a decent amount of time in Eastern Europe I can say that I definitely prefer them to American woman. Eastern European men seem to leave a lot to be desired though, at least that's what women I know tell me.

Currently, Eastern European women are just much more simple and practical while most American women seem to be brainwashed by Oprah and think they are entitled to everything. Of course the key is once you get them over to the states you have to keep them away from American women so they don't get brainwashed.

For an American man there isn't that much of a cultural difference and any differences are usually positive.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having spent a decent amount of time in Eastern Europe I can say that I definitely prefer them to American woman. Eastern European men seem to leave a lot to be desired though, at least that's what women I know tell me.

Currently, Eastern European women are just much more simple and practical while most American women seem to be brainwashed by Oprah and think they are entitled to everything. Of course the key is once you get them over to the states you have to keep them away from American women so they don't get brainwashed.

For an American man there isn't that much of a cultural difference and any differences are usually positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds really bad.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM

No, imprisoning your wife is an old, much-beloved American tradition.

For all they know.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you're familiar with Eddie Murphy's standup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That sounds really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you're familiar with Eddie Murphy's standup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, first thing I thought of. Eddie! I need to talk to you!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This does seem to be an interesting cultural blend. Give us an idea of some of your favorite cultural differences between the two of you (besides your lack of "polish" and your southern twang).

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I notice is that she was far more sheltered from some of the harsher realities of the world than I was.

An example that comes to mind is the post I made a couple months ago (here or in OOT, I forget) about how Lindsey Lohan had apparently hooked up with KFed behind Britney's back. I immediately said that Britney had been bragging too much, and Lindsey decided to get a taste. My wife looked at me like I'd gone insane.

I said happens all the time, a female talks with her friends about her man's prowess and the next thing she knows her 'friends' are coming on to him behind her back. Her response was that it never happened at (tony L.A. girls' school). Sorry hon, don't know what to tell ya, it happens.

While I kid her about the 'bubble' she was reared in, she knows a lot of sick crap about celebrities. Some of her stories curled my hair when I heard them. It can be a drag sometimes, because I'll want to watch something on TV which she'll nix, because she has a personal dislike of somebody starring in it.

It's my theory that the Enquirer serves a need in Hollywood. It throws the public off the track with red herring stories, while keeping secret the real [censored] some celebs are into that's just too sick to be known in Peoria.

On the other side, I'll say things around her family that make them chuckle. My wife wants to get our daughter into Catholic school. I mentioned to her dad that we should start attending the church. I said it would give Claire a leg up on those heathen kids. I was trying to be funny in a way, but didn't expect them to laugh at the word 'heathen'. Her dad said he liked those 'Southern' things I say.

Claire asked her grandma for a 'big ole' hug.

Grandma: 'Big ole'? Where'd she get that from?
Wife: Where do you think?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That sounds really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, first thing I thought of. Eddie! I need to talk to you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimmie half, Edieeeee!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM

just cultured would be fine with me...
like fishing for some special jewel, lol
just another internet romance not needed tyvm
hope she is just so fine
glamourous perhaps
not too perfect, yet resourseful and remorseful
willing to have some fun with in the rule
non-smoker