Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Default JJ River Decision 10/20 Motor City

The villain in this hand is in MP strikes me as less crappy than most of the table, but still somewhat crappy. Seems to get aggressive on the flop with made hands. Like most live players he is passive, especially on the river.
Preflop:
Hero Opens J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG. Villian calls. Button Calls. SB Calls. BB Calls

Flop (10SB 5 players): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks. BB checks. Hero bets. Villian raises. Everyone folds. Hero three-bets. Villian caps. Hero Calls.

Turn (9 BB 2 Players): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks. Villian bets. Hero calls.

River (11BB 2 Players): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks. Villian bets. Hero ???

Anyone find a fold on the river or turn? Take a different flop line?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: JJ River Decision 10/20 Motor City

[ QUOTE ]
The villain in this hand is in MP strikes me as less crappy than most of the table, but still somewhat crappy. Seems to get aggressive on the flop with made hands. Like most live players he is passive, especially on the river.
Preflop:
Hero Opens J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG. Villian calls. Button Calls. SB Calls. BB Calls

Flop (10SB 5 players): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks. BB checks. Hero bets. Villian raises. Everyone folds. Hero three-bets. Villian caps. Hero Calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

i take the same flop line.

if i have a great read I'll b/f the turn, as the only hand we have outs against (if beat) is T9.

if hes passive on the river i think we can fold it, unless you guys have a history of some sort where hes gunning for you. its unlikey he would bet KT or QT here, so this is either complete air (highly unlikely) or hes got you.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM

"Seems to get aggressive on the flop with made hands.."
If that's the case I'm a bit skeptical of you 3b'ing the flop. Probably wise to c/c the turn and river. I'm guessing he flopped a set.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:53 PM

"Made hands" include one pair type hands. This guy is not the type where you can shut down with an over pair after one raise on the flop.

Example: TAG opens from EP. Villain calls.

Flop comes 232.
Tag bets. Villain raises. Tag 3bangs. Villain caps.

Turn: A
Tag checks and calls.

River: X
Tag check. Villain checks behind. Tag wins with TT.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Made hands" include one pair type hands. This guy is not the type where you can shut down with an over pair after one raise on the flop.

Example: TAG opens from EP. Villain calls.

Flop comes 232.
Tag bets. Villain raises. Tag 3bangs. Villain caps.

Turn: A
Tag checks and calls.

River: X
Tag check. Villain checks behind. Tag wins with TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did villain show his hand for this one? He may have been bluffing hard with a draw (maybe 45?) instead of overplaying a pair of 3's.

Either way, I think you have to call this river. The example hand shows that this guy is aggressive enough that you can't check-fold the A getting 12:1.

If you were confident enough to fold to a raise, I kinda like bet/folding the river.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop:

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else like a bet/fold line on the turn? Unless he's a real lag, its doubtful he's going come at you with $40 more unless he has a set or 78 (of course, he could be a total moron). You save $20 when your behind, make $40 when your ahead.