Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Default 76s Turn

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

No real reads here - BB has good stats but plays like a donk sometimes.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero

I feel like this might turn into a preflop nit-fest. I think I raise sometimes but can't say I'm in this spot w/ 1 limper too often...I'd always raise 87s I think. What's my turn play?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: 76s Turn

i think you should yell ONE TIME and bet one more time.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Eh, I think you need to give it up here once you get called twice on that board.

I also muck preflop.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I think you need to give it up here once you get called twice on that board.

I also muck preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah the calls on this board kinda suck - I gave up.
Didn't really consider folding preflop though.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:55 AM

yup looks like a c/f.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM

I give up as well.

About preflop. Its close IMO. I use to ISO-raise loose-bad players with 98s and 87s but I have stopped doing that after Stox told me to. 76s is a muck for me, but I doubt it matters much.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 AM

pf is a raise or a fold it is not a call, i don't believe that limping here is good ever if someone can explain it to me i could listen though.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 AM

we have the button with a decent speculative hand. I dunno if limping is +EV but it can't be that bad.

fold&gt;limp&gt;raise imo
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf is a raise or a fold it is not a call, i don't believe that limping here is good ever if someone can explain it to me i could listen though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox and Zobags gives an explanation why they would overlimp one limper with hands like 98s and 87s.

BTW how can it ever be good to a raise a hand without SD value if the limper is SD bound?

To be honest. With hands like middle suited connectors I think calling, folding and raising are all close. I just know I have been Iso-raising too much with hands with no SD value against 50/10 players with WTSD above 45.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:35 PM

"BTW how can it ever be good to a raise a hand without SD value if the limper is SD bound?"

well they obviously dont go to SD every time. so many times they have a better hand preflop but simply cant go past the flop (A54 K84 etc when they hold JT or Q9). you can get close to max value from pairs because they think you have nothing when the board is 973, and you can often get away from these pairs if they give you action. then there's the simple positional advantage.

it's one thing with loose blinds, however, but if they are going to fold too often preflop so we're taking a flop 2 or 3 way, i can't see how raising middle suited connectors OTB is a bad play. i'm pretty sure you'll turn a small profit by the end of the flop street.