Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: A cell pone feature that isn\'t (yet anyways)

[ QUOTE ]
I also would like a phone where if you call it from a different phone and entered a specific phone, it would release a sound similar to a fire alarm so when I lose it, I can find it much more easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is brilliant.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like a phone that allowed me to screen specific phone numbers, so when my parents call, my answering machine automatically comes on.

Also a phone that had specific times where it would automatically turn off, so when I'm in class, it won't go off.

I also would like a phone where if you call it from a different phone and entered a specific phone, it would release a sound similar to a fire alarm so when I lose it, I can find it much more easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of these are really good. i also want a flashlight.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like a phone that allowed me to screen specific phone numbers, so when my parents call, my answering machine automatically comes on.

Also a phone that had specific times where it would automatically turn off, so when I'm in class, it won't go off.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are all good ideas. the third especially, it should automatically overcome silent mode/ etc and make the loudest ring possible. it would also be sweet if you could make it turn on from the phone, and have the phone save a little bit of energy for this feature.

Other ideas that would be sweet:

an easy to activate 2 hr ringer pause, so you don't forget to "unsilent" your phone after a movie, and miss important calls.

a ringer that gets louder or activates vibrate functions when the decibel level around you is very high.

a feature that lets you activate a "i'm on another call right now" message instead of your usual mailbox message when you are on the other line.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a feature that lets you activate a "i'm on another call right now" message instead of your usual mailbox message when you are on the other line.

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend had a nokia that did this.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:49 AM

One that also functions as a Gigapet
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sony Ericcsons have this option.

Also for all those wanting a flshlight, Nokia have a phone with a bright flashlight, as do Sony Ericcson, although the nokia flashlight is better.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:11 AM

We'll get some form of wireless commerce in the next year or so, right now the wireless providers are fighting the banks over the fees. They'll sort that out soon enough.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 AM

I'd liek mine just to [censored] work when I want it to and not drop calls at the worst times ever.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I hope every one of my friends get this feature and I guarantee I will find out the code. Sounds like great fun for 4 am wake up calls and to get their attention during class.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My mom's phone could be programmed to always go into silent at a certain time, and then change back to Loud when you wanted. Cool feature, but I don't think she ever got it to work right.