Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Politics Boycott

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea ... all politics regulars who are sick of the way Jman202 acts as moderator simply boycott it for a week. Let the traffic and level of discussion show whether ACists, libertarians, and those with strong opinions counter to his own are of any value to this site. If the establishment is satisfied with a site without us who are clearly not wanted by Jman202, then so be it. If the forum sucks without these opinions heard, then let them remove Jman202.

Time to say HIM or US.

I realize many posters in ATF will say good riddance .. will be interesting to see how Politics does after the fact ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a GREAT idea. But don't limit it to a week. Really show them. Do it for a year! Or ten!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you realize that the admins would do back-flips if everyone just boycotted the politics forever right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not ban political discussion from the site entirely? It would be easier than dealing with the politics forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you realize that the admins would do back-flips if everyone just boycotted the politics forever right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not ban political discussion from the site entirely? It would be easier than dealing with the politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

they did that, then the politics posters complained enough to get it back. then when they got it back they complained some more.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they did that, then the politics posters complained enough to get it back. then when they got it back they complained some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

So remove the politics forum then start banning everyone who complains about it until they stop. This isn't rocket science. Either you're interested in giving the posters what they want or you're not. There are going to be complaints no matter what you do. That's life. If the goal is to stop complaints, you might as well try eating tomato soup with a fork.

Option 1: No poltics forum. People who want to talk about politics whine.

Option 2: Lightly moderated politics forum. People whine about trolls.

Option 3: Heavily moderated politics forum. People whine about moderation.

Option 4: All discussion allowed. People whine about discussions of beliefs they don't like.

Option 5: Discussion heavily restricted. People whine about discussion of their beliefs being restricted.

Bouncing back and forth between options isn't going to solve anything, it's just going to make people more upset as they never know wtf is going on.

Personally, it seems to me that the "best" solution is a lightly moderated forum where all discussions are allowed (even racism ones), but blatant trolls and personal attacks are stopped, so I'm gonna complain every time we move away from this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Although I'd much rather see trolls not stopped than have too much regulation. At least I have the option to ignore them if I don't like it.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Jman is an utter disgrace. He uses his powers to ban or intimidate anyone who criticizes Israel. He continues to insist that I'm an antisemite despite the fact that:

- 6/6 of my best friends over the last 13 years were jewish
- My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years was jewish
- I did a lot of volunteer work at a jewish community center
- I'm part of the bone marrow donors program set up by Israel.
- My martial arts instructor is jewish
- My dad is half jewish
- a lot of my favorite authors are jewish
- My posting record of attacking real anti-semites

He's committed more personal attacks and lies than everyone on his ban list combined. His undertitle should be "The jewish Al Sharpton". Every day he mods he undermines the integrity of the politcs forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- My dad is half jewish

[/ QUOTE ]

"But, But, Some of my best friends are Black!"
Old 04-27-2007, 11:28 PM

While we're on the subject of Politics, trolls, etc, I'd like to point out that I'm 98% sure that "Msgr. Martinez" is the same person who previously posted under the account "SLP" - who just happened to be perma-banned by Iron81 for trolling the exact same day that "Msgr. Martinez" was registered, and both have the same Avatar right now.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman is an utter disgrace. He uses his powers to ban or intimidate anyone who criticizes Israel. He continues to insist that I'm an antisemite despite the fact that:

- My dad is half jewish

He's committed more personal attacks and lies than everyone on his ban list combined. His undertitle should be "The jewish Al Sharpton". Every day he mods he undermines the integrity of the politcs forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

snowball for mod!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every day he mods he undermines the integrity of the politcs forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 04-27-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fallacy. The first group of complainers is not the same as the second group.

This is pretty common.

A, B, C and D are all members of group X. A and B cause event Y to happen, then C and D complain about event Y. Now you can just lump them all together, tell them it's their own fault, and call them hypocrites without actually *thinking* about the situation. Very tidy.
Closed Thread