Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Long HU match LIMITCASH

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of ppl think I get 7:1 on the flop so I can peel with nearly anything against someone who bets a lot. But if you are going to give up later UI then you are spewing chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make sense to me mathematically. if you have 6 outs, peeling and folding is correct. what am i missing?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A lot of ppl think I get 7:1 on the flop so I can peel with nearly anything against someone who bets a lot. But if you are going to give up later UI then you are spewing chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make sense to me mathematically. if you have 6 outs, peeling and folding is correct. what am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reading comprehension suffers. How can it be "nearly anything" to have 6 outs. Sometimes you may peel with any 2 only to steal the pot on the turn. That's fine. But if you plan to fold anytime you don't improve (which will happen much more often than not) then you lose money. I'm not even considering the times you will hit something with your mediocre hand only to lose to a better hand.

Anyway my thought was that a lot of players are not clear why they peel a flop with good odds
You call b/c you think you are ahead or because you get good pot odds to call with a drawing hand or because you plan to bluff on a later street. If it's the first then it doesn't make a lot of sense to fold the turn 100% of times UI.

So I think that ppl make loose calls when their outs are not clear or they don't quite get the odds to call but they call anyway because they think that there's a good chance they have the best hand on the flop. For example you have K5 and the flop is J76r So when a blank turn card falls they have no clue what to do and it becomes very easy to make a mistake either by folding or calling.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 PM

well, my contention is that if you dont have 6 outs and are always gonna face a turn bet a flop fold seems to be the only option. i suppose im just old fashioned.

a flop call and turn bluff raise costs 2.5 bb to win 4.5 bb. i think it would take a unique situation to make this correct.