Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Winning entries into ~10K events online.

What is the future of being able to win entries into ~10K events (e.g. WSOP(C), W(/E)PT, etc.) via online satellites.

I did this a couple of times, but it seems the US legislation, and conflicts between online sites and B&M tourney operators, are diminishing or eliminating these possibilities.

I am not interested in B&M satellites. I play satellites online for fun and if I get into some big event, then that's more fun.

Any info about what sites have sats to what events?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Winning entries into ~10K events online.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the future of being able to win entries into ~10K events (e.g. WSOP(C), W(/E)PT, etc.) via online satellites.

I did this a couple of times, but it seems the US legislation, and conflicts between online sites and B&M tourney operators, are diminishing or eliminating these possibilities.

I am not interested in B&M satellites. I play satellites online for fun and if I get into some big event, then that's more fun.

Any info about what sites have sats to what events?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give this post one bump. Maybe this forum isn't much populated with online satelliters, but it is an issue that affects these big events.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:51 AM

It's likely they will rise/fall with the online population. It looks like the next year or so will be some hard times, so it's likely that these numbers will begin to fall.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:08 PM

bump with the hope that someone will find WSOP sats somewhere
Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 AM

UB has WSOP sats every Friday. $200 I think and they have daily qualifiers to get into the Friday tourney.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:32 AM
 is offline

Do they explain the logistics regarding them awarding you with a 3rd party entry??
Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UB has WSOP sats every Friday. $200 I think and they have daily qualifiers to get into the Friday tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Do they explain the logistics regarding them awarding you with a 3rd party entry??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Unfortunately I only have $$ at PS and FT, and I don't plan to move them for a while. UB's software was too wierd for me.

I noticed FullTilt's Winner's Choice has changed from when I played them a year ago. (Got 2nd once [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Also they seem to be offering WPT events, not WSOP(C). I was wondering what's up with this. Links:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/proWinnersChoice.php
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/proWinnersChoice-terms.php

My site of choice is PS. They treated their players well at last WSOP. But I am fearing those days could be gone. They seem to be offering lots of EPT satellites, but no WPT or WSOP as far as I can tell. Again, I was wondering what's up with this.