Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Brag: I may have saved a life.

Nor does she seem to be the toolest shed in the sharp
Old 11-09-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While we were at the apartment and trying to tell her that we were going to take her to the hospital she kept saying over and over how she didn't want her parents to find out.

When we got to the hospital after her parents went in to see her the roommates started talking about how pissed off she is gonna be. I chimed in, "No kidding, she's gonna wanna kill herself."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that's a gem - it's really a shame that the most tragic moments in life often yield the most humor gold.

Similar story - this freshman chick at college was in a date auction; she was only bought for $60 far below her perceived worth so she went back to her room and took a bunch of pills and ended up in the hospital. When my friend was told about this story, he responds deadpan - "Geez..I just feel sorry for the guy who bought her."
Old 11-09-2006, 05:08 AM

All,

This was apparently a case of the boy who cried wolf, thus the reason they weren't eager to take any action.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:08 AM

More than you care to know, but it really depends on what the antidepressent type is....

Tricyclic antidepressents are about the most lethal overdose there is - one of the very few things that come into Emergency Departments that is an actual emergency. Treatable if early enough, but patients tend to crash rapidly and without warning.

The newer antidepressents, monocyclics and some others, are much less toxic. But some patients do better on the old tricyclic types, so they are still perscribed.

I've been an ER doc for just shy of 20 years - all at a busy trauma center. Almost nothing scares me - but a tricyclic OD is one of the things that does....

MM MD
Old 11-09-2006, 09:35 AM

i knew a girl that was like this........shes was hot....it was prolly funnier than this incident.....chicks are dumb
Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM

Your a souful dude.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Nor does she seem to be the toolest shed in the sharp

so.....did you hit it after the ER?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More than you care to know, but it really depends on what the antidepressent type is....

Tricyclic antidepressents are about the most lethal overdose there is - one of the very few things that come into Emergency Departments that is an actual emergency. Treatable if early enough, but patients tend to crash rapidly and without warning.

The newer antidepressents, monocyclics and some others, are much less toxic. But some patients do better on the old tricyclic types, so they are still perscribed.

I've been an ER doc for just shy of 20 years - all at a busy trauma center. Almost nothing scares me - but a tricyclic OD is one of the things that does....

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

did u ever had those wtf cases at the er room? like u were 100% positive the persons gonna die but somehow they survived?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She took 22 pills and your friend didn't react?
Tard

[/ QUOTE ]

it shouldn't be too hard to nail this chick later on...hope the friend makes it past this OK...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you need to share all the crazy stuff that's happened in a thread for us